Who We Are
CarePros is a leading Children's Services Agency that provides Trauma-Informed Community and Foster Care Placements to the most vulnerable populations in Alberta. CarePros is CARF Accredited for Case Management and Services Coordination for Children and Adolescents.
The CarePros team has grown to 160+ team members serving Edmonton and surrounding areas. CarePros not only provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behavioral diagnoses but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood.
CarePros is a highly awarded organization with several accolades:
- 2022 New Innovators List - People Leader
- 2021 #29 on The Globe and Mail Canada’s Top Growing Companies
- 2021 Report on Business – Changemakers
- 2021 Alberta Business Awards of Distinction Nominee
- 2021 Canada's Safest Employer Awards
- 2020 Alberta Business Awards of Distinction Winner – Diversity Award of Distinction
- 2020 #13 on the STARTUP LIST of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies
CarePros strives to hire the best. Our goal is to build a workplace culture where our people care for the families we support, listen with compassion and humility, take accountability, champion diversity and collaboration, and drive positive change in the communities we serve. We want great people working together as a team to propel our success and realize our mission of being a champion for the unique needs of children and their families.
We are currently looking to hire a Child and Youth Care Worker in Edmonton, AB. This will be a Permanent Full-time opportunity. We currently have needs for days, evening and weekend hours for support work in a Group Home setting. The successful applicant must have the ability to be flexible in scheduling, and available for scheduling any day of the week.
Who You Are
As a Child and Youth Care Worker, you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Knowledge of child and youth care mental wellness practices and the processes and procedures involved in providing effective home care.
- Experience working with individuals with Mental Health is required.
- Knowledge of Harm Reduction Model, Holistic Approach to Promote Stability, and Trauma Informed Care.
- Recognize and understand emotions and handle situations with empathy.
- Build and maintain cooperative and constructive relationships.
- A post-secondary education specializing in Child and Youth Care or a related field. Related fields include a certificate, diploma or degree in Social Work, Psychology, community addictions or mental health.
- Certified in First Aid and certified as a CPR Level C.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers License, $2M Liability Coverage vehicle insurance and a clear Driver's Abstract.
- A clear Vulnerable Sector Check (Advanced Police Check)
- A clear Children Intervention Record Check
- 2+ years experience working with children with complex behavioural needs.
Training related to the following is considered an important asset:
- Suicide Prevention
- Trauma Informed Care
- Mental Health First Aid
- You have the physical wellness and mental health awareness to handle daily exercise routines and other requirements as prescribed by the care plan.
- You have a high capacity for managing stressful situations
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you'll receive the following:
A dynamic, collaborative, and diverse working environment where your voice is heard, and you make a positive impact in the lives of Alberta's most vulnerable populations.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program - including mental wellness supports, dental (100% coverage), vision, counselling, and more.
- Bank at Work Program with financial wellness tools and resources, as well as Group RRSP Matching
- Learning and Career Development; develop your skills through ongoing paid training and innovative technology.
- Performance-Based Pay Increases - If you are a great contributor, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards high performance with increased pay and bonuses.
We thank everyone for applying, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted