St. John's is a vibrant city with a strong connection to the past and a positive outlook on the future. As one of the oldest cities in North America we have a unique history, but we are also a growing city with the needs and opportunities of a modern urban population. The City of St. John’s is committed to recruiting world-class talent and expertise to join our City staff, more than 1200 strong, who provide a vast array of services to the residents of St. John's and the metropolitan area. If you are an innovative thinker with a positive attitude and a commitment to quality, we want you to help us make St. John’s a city where people want to live, work and play.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Program Manager - Human Resources Information Systems, is responsible for the following:
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Manager - Human Resources Information Systems, is responsible for the following:
- Lead the development and on-going maintenance of Human Resources Information System HRIS, and Payroll applications ensuring data integrity and successful delivery of services to all users and stakeholders to meet the business objectives of the organization
- Be the subject matter expert of the HRIS system, security administration, business process design, compensation setup, and reporting and analytics. This position is focused on data analysis and compilation and is accountable for the development and distribution of critical reports/dashboards to the organization.
- Leading HRIS team in managing day-to-day activities supporting all HRIS modules and related functions, including, but not limited to, Pension & Benefits, Payroll, Training, Health & Safety, Recruitment and Labour Relations.
- Responsible for record-keeping and retention/disposal of physical and electronic employment-related records whilst ensuring that processing and reporting of employee data is being carried out in a timely manner
- Managing HRIS system master file design, configuration, setups and processes.
- Developing and conducting end-user training for all HRIS modules
- Working with key stakeholders to develop effective business practices, business process/workflows policies, processes, standards and other system dependencies to optimize HRIS operations and services.
- Work with key stakeholders to provide a roadmap for functional changes (onboarding, performance management, talent acquisition, etc.) in the system and implement/maintaining on a go-forward basis.
- Conducting regular system audits to ensure data is accurate and in compliance with legislative, City policy and collective agreement requirements,
- Fostering effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as point of contact for all HRIS-related functional issues and as the HR liaison with IT with system issues.
- Maintaining an awareness of new technologies, developments and trends that support service improvement and create efficiencies.
- Ensuring the front desk reception and associated office service functions run smoothly.
- Serving as Lead for other HR technology/system requirements.
- Other duties as required.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in all training programs applicable to this position and other related work. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or Business Administration with a focus in Human Resource Management preferred. Project Management certification and Payroll certification considered an asset. Professional Human Resources Designation (CPHR) preferred
Minimum 7 years of experience in implementing and supporting Human Resources information systems and processes. Specific experience administrating an infrastructure enterprise data and information management system will be preferred.
Demonstrated experience in data analysis, management and reporting in an HRIS environment with multiple applications. A continuous improvement mindset and a strong working knowledge of HR business practices and processes. Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to identify and effectively resolve issues in a timely manner. Excellent leadership skills including superb communication, consultative skills and partnership skills. Strong project management skills with a results-oriented mindset.
Proven ability to supervise, train and motivate staff effectively and promote a positive and respectful work environment. Previous experience monitoring performance and providing feedback.
Hours of Work
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The City of St. John's does not accept applications in person, by email, fax or mail. Applications will be received up to 12:00 Midnight (Newfoundland Standard Time) on closing date.