Powell Services Group – PGC Division
Powell Contracting has become the leader in our industry with over 50 years experience by providing Southern and Central Ontario with the supply and installation of temporary concrete barriers, noise barriers, crash cushions, guide rails, ground mount signs, overhead signs and sign structures. With integrated solutions and project delivery strategies to improve timelines and processes we generate increased capabilities for projects from start to finish. Projects include outfitting highways, transit systems, airports and municipal contracts.
The Company operates in a multi-company environment and requires a Payroll Administrator for our Services Group
The Payroll Administrator will be working in a fast paced and tight scheduled work environment and is responsible for processing a weekly Canadian Multi–Company payroll comprising of salary, hourly, and union employees. The position of Payroll Administrator reports to the Accounting Manager and will include the following core responsibilities:
Payroll Process and Duties:
- Collect employees' timesheets on a weekly basis
- Confirm proper approval and documentation for timesheets
- Key timesheet data into excel
- Review and adjust timesheet data, as directed
- Key/Import data from excel to payroll software and review the data transfer for accuracy
- Record taxable benefits, allowances, garnishments, deductions, retroactive payments etc. accurately
- Prepare reports for verification by management.
- Review payroll registers prior to transmission and process the EFT file for payment
- Ensure entire payroll cycle is completed each week and transmitted on a timely basis
- Maintain filing of documents and employee files and issue ROE's as required
- Prepare and report source deductions, WSIB, EHT, Union dues, group benefit remittances and RRSP contributions
- Balance and reconcile the payroll weekly
- Perform all year-end payroll tasks including T4 processing and CPP and EI reconciliations
- Distribute payroll stubs
- Actively communicate with Human Resources to address and resolve payroll related issues
- Maintain awareness of current payroll legislation and coordinates system parameter changes.;
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of all payroll remittances and reports
- Prepare annual working papers for the annual external audit of payroll;
- Perform other accounting and administrative duties as may be requested
Minimum core competency, qualification and experience
You are a self-motivated individual that enjoys working autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You are a clear and concise communicator who takes pride in your work and ownership of your duties to ensure key deadlines are consistently met.
What PGC has to offer:
- Must have experience in payroll and proficient in MS Excel
- Have working knowledge of current payroll legislation
- Payroll experience reviewing time sheets, time entry, full processing and EFT deposits for a company more than 150 employees
- Understanding of union agreements and benefits applications
- Able to review payroll audit trails and Journals.
- Ability to calculate union and government remittances
- Previous experience with preparing full-cycle payroll in a computerized environment
- Working knowledge of Word and Outlook
- Previous experience in the contracting/construction/distribution industry is preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2 years Payroll
- PCP certificate or College Accounting Diploma equivalent
- Accurate and reliable with a positive attitude
- The ideal candidate will be organized and flexible to changing business conditions
- Competitive compensation package with group benefits & an RRSP program!
- Free breakfast & lunch!
Powell Group of Companies is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the applicable standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and any other applicable legislation. We foster an inclusive organizational culture as an Equal Opportunity Employer.