Are you looking for a position that will impact the lives of children? Do you like to work independently, yet be a valuable part of a team? Do you love to work outside? If so, this position may be the perfect fit for you.
Alexandra Neighbourhood House is seeking an School Age Worker to join their team in a regular part time role, that may lead to full time/permanent in the future and/or additional hours in our childcare programs.
Our School Age Worker will: Work collaborately with a team of School Age/Early Childhood Educators to plan, develop and deliver daily activities that support and promote the health and development of children 5 – 12 years of age, using the Reggio Emilia approach to learning.
- As a key member of a child care team, plan, develop and deliver daily activities that support and promote the health and development of the children 5 – 12 years of age.Lead children in activities of their interest providing opportunities for creative expression through a variety of media – art, dramatic play, music etc.
- Guide and assist children in the development of daily life skills – eating, dressing, and toilet habits and school age appropriate skills
- .Plan, organize and coordinator resources, equipment and supplies in order to ensure smooth delivery of the program
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with families and other community service providers.Assess the skills, abilities, interests and needs of children and refer to appropriate community support services.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant service and safety standards (including WCB and Child Care FacilitiesLicensing), record-keeping and reporting requirements, and contractual obligations with staff, contractors, volunteers,and students.
- Maintains program participation records and outcome measurements and analyzes the same.Provides first aid attention when circumstances require such attention and only when his/her first aid certification is current.
- Other related duties as required.
- Valid Early Childhood Educator or Early Childhood Educator Assistant License to Practice
- Experience working with children (0 -12 years of age) including those with special needs and their parents/guardians
- Understanding of the Reggio Emilia approach to learning.
- Strong computer skillsStrong organizational and planning skillsDemonstrated ability to comply with policies and procedures regarding privacy, confidentiality, record keeping and reporting.
- First Aid certificate Medical clearance
- Clean Criminal record Check
- Class 4 drivers license (or willingness to obtain)
Desired but not required :
- Experience working in not for profit sector delivering community based programming.
- Knowledge of community services in the South Surrey/ White Rock area
- Second Language abilities
- Part time with potential to add more hours in our childcare programs
Here is what we can offer you :
- Being part of non-profit community based organization that is over 100 years old
- Salary: The hiring range is ANH Band 4-5 ($15.04-$18.10, depending on qualifications)
- Wellness Program: We encourage overall well being
- Extra Perks-hired as a regular staff member:
- Upon successful yearly reviews we offer a very competitive salary grid
- 3 weeks paid vacation (after 3 months probation)
- Extended Medical and Dental (after 3 month probation)
- Pension Plan (after 1 year)
Job Type: Regular Part time and/or full time
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.10 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
- teaching: 2 years (Preferred)