IPG Mediabrands was created by Interpublic Group in 2007 to manage all of its global media related assets. Today that means we manage and invest $37 billion in global media on the behalf of our clients, employ over 7,500 diverse and daring marketing communication specialists worldwide and operate our company businesses in more than 127 countries.
A proven entity in helping clients maximize business results through integrated, intelligence-driven marketing strategies, IPG Mediabrands is committed to driving automated buying, pay for performance and digital innovation solutions through its network of media agencies including UM, Initiative, and Media Experts. Its roster of specialty service agencies include Magna Global, Cadreon, Society, Orion, Reprise Media, and Ansible.
The role of a Senior Media Planner is to manage our media planning product through preparing and presenting media plans, proposals, and analysis.
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media planning team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Prepare, write and present integrated media plans, proposals and analysis that satisfy client objectives and that go beyond the brief.
- Prepare and present evaluations of media opportunities, media trends and issues of interest to clients.
- Effectively manage ongoing client expectations in regards to work back schedule, and deadlines.
- Develop ability to effectively manage client conversations and expectations.
- Remain up-to-date with latest updates from major media partners.
- Ensure that all media plans adhere to the agency's values, philosophies and processes.
- Maintain the media plan and regularly evaluate campaign performance.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and respectful partner relationships by demonstrating your ability to be responsible, reliable, and resourceful.
- Initiate and coordinate the media buying process that deliver exceptional results.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of media buys.
- Assist with training junior employees on tools and processes.
- Ensure client budgets are managed and on track.
- Responsible for accurate and timely client finance reports and budget control reports (BCRs).
- Support the creation of campaign post reports.
- Prepare media POVs/evaluations.
- Source and evaluate proposals from media partners as required.
- Continue to proactively develop knowledge of the media landscape.
- Post-Secondary education – University graduate and/or advertising/marketing college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in integrated media planning.
- Experience within an integrated advertising agency.
- Proficient with media research tools (e.g. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson), and media tools (e.g. Prisma).
- Client service oriented.
- Strong learning agility, with a passion for continuous development.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail accuracy.
- Excellent ability to manage and prioritize time effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, assisting the team, self-development, etc.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with media partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
IPG Mediabrands is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in IPG Mediabrands, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Media Planning: 2 years (Preferred)