AT DELTA, WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT ELEVATORS AND ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
We are a Canadian company that designs, manufactures, installs and services elevator systems throughout southwest Ontario. With local roots going back over 55 years, our growing organization is looking for like-minded individuals to enhance our ability to provide Integrity, Service & Quality to our valued customers. We are hiring staff members who share a commitment to a strong corporate culture based on the values of: HONESTY, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT FOR OTHERS, TRUSTWORTHINESS, CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT, & OPTIMISM.
The position reports to the CHRO and will be responsible for implementing Health & Safety initiatives as part of the company’s ongoing safety program.
- Represent Delta’s core values of Integrity, Service and Quality in relationships with both internal staff members and external customers and suppliers.
- Follow Delta Elevator policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, and Health & Safety Manual guidelines.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of company safety programs with the goal of exceeding regulatory, ISO 45001, and client requirements.
- Assist with inspections and safety audits.
- Provide management with guidance on performing inspection on equipment, PPE, etc.
- Conduct internal safety training to meet legislative requirements.
- Review site specific safety requirements.
- Co-chair Health & Safety Committee meetings and maintain JH&SC minutes.
- Audit company safety program, investigate safety concerns and suggestions, perform incident investigations, provide corrective actions and assist with implementation.
- Maintain and track safety statistical performance.
- WSIB Claims Management.
- Assist Management with conducting hazard assessments.
- Work with management and employees to develop and implement appropriate return to work and modified work programs.
Qualifications & Skills
- Post-Secondary education in a Health & Safety related field.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience.
- Knowledge of current safety legislation, including WAH and WHMIS 2015.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours. Early start (7 am) on Monday mornings.
- Valid drivers license.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize according to workload.
- Organization and detail orientated.
- Excellent training and presentation skills.
- Calm, diplomatic, and pleasant demeanor.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Proper PPE is available
- Do you have 1 or more years experience in the Health & Safety field?
- Are you legally allowed to work in Canada?
- Do you have experience working on Construction sites?
Work Location: In person