Business Development Representative
Pivotree architects, builds, hosts and manages a wide range of commerce experiences for well-known domestic and global brands. Customers turn to Pivotree as their trusted partner when they want to grow revenue, increase online and in-store traffic, improve customer experience, grow a loyal customer base, achieve operational efficiencies, and higher profits.
Pivotree is a privately-held and venture backed company with an aggressive growth objective including strategic acquisitions. 2018 was a transformational year for Pivotree with the combination of three existing businesses in this sector: Tenzing, ThinkWrap and Spark: Red. Our combined team is made up of a diverse blend of engineers, solution architects, programmers, UI developers, project managers and analysts who work together to create and manage next-generation commerce excellence. We hold ourselves to the very highest standards and our employees take great pride in our accomplishments.
We are growing fast as a leader delivering Commerce and MDM professional and managed services for brand name merchants and retailers globally. We are currently looking for a passionate and ambitious Inside Sales professional to join our team.
Are you a talented, disciplined salesperson who lives for the challenge of cultivating new client relationships through online research and telephone-based prospecting? Do you excel at learning new products and services and clearly presenting their benefits and unique value proposition to prospects? Do you have a knack for turning cold leads into qualified leads for senior outside sales executives?
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity with a company that has a solid foundation and an entrepreneurial culture, where teamwork and collaboration are part of the DNA, then this might be the right role for you.
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities through online research, social media, networking, and other creative ways
- Use consultative sales skills to truly understand customer needs, pain points and offer solutions
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) in our products, processes, and operations, as well as remaining up to date on industry news
- Present weekly to the leadership team to cover progress updates and key learnings
- Support various marketing campaigns and sales directors’ regional plans
- Successfully manage a lead pipeline from capture to qualification to close, and effectively report on pipeline status to leadership
- Effectively collaborate with marketing and sales teams to continually improve lead management process and lead quality
- Conduct live product demonstrations and Pivotree company overview over the phone and via webinar
- Successfully manage a sales pipeline from capture to qualification to close, and effectively report on pipeline status to leadership
- Effectively contribute to drive attendance to events and trade shows to build brand awareness
- Effectively close smaller opportunities over the phone.
- Bachelor Degree required, IT or Business major an asset
- 1-3 of years of B2B phone sales experience with proven track record, preferably in technology or retail (especially commerce) sector
- Business development (prospecting, cold calling) experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying, nurturing, and qualifying sales opportunities and successfully managing a sales pipeline
- Ability to follow directions, follow through, and maintain a high level of accountability
- Experience in a CRM and/or Hubspot an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Collaborative, team player, need minimal supervision, take initiatives, know how to prioritize and multi-task, detail oriented
- The ideal candidate will have experience in B2B technology sales, preferably in the managed services and hosting sector
- Proficient in the use of a CRM and reporting on pipeline progress
- Experience working with a company doing technology services and product sales to retail, manufacturing and distribution sectors
We are looking for someone who:
- A proven sales closer with a successful track record in B2B sales
- Comfortable selling with Senior Outside sales team and handling complex sales involving multiple influencers
- Has an out-going, dynamic personality
- Outstanding listening and oral & written business communication skills
- Has a “can do” attitude and loves to be challenged
- Is metrics-oriented, organized and has a need to win
- A general interest in technology and enabling B2B Sales
- Has a true passion for selling, and a desire to learn and grow as a sales person.
- Is an effective team player and drives collaboration
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Subsidised gym membership
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Bonus scheme
Job Type: Full-time
- information technology : 1 year (Preferred)
- cold calling: 1 year (Required)
- prospecting: 1 year (Required)
- software industry : 1 year (Preferred)
- business development: 1 year (Required)
- phone sales: 1 year (Required)