Grow your career with a company that shares your passion! Our Healthcare Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as our next Food Service Worker to support our busy community hospital located in North Vancouver, BC.
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
· Responsible for the day-to-day operations – prepares, serves, delivers & picks up meals as per service style of the facility
· Ensure clients receive meals correctly as defined by clinical requirements
· May work on a trayline to distribute food, including set up station, cleanup, advise cook when food replenishment is needed during service and communicating with Supervisor
· Ensure all leftover food products are stored properly
· Complies with HACCP standards – ensure proper food handling, storage, and labelling is followed
· Prepare food for distribution including portioning, measuring, wrapping and/or blending
· Meet tight timeframes and communicate with management on any client concerns in order to strive for 100% customer satisfaction
· Ensure clean and sanitized workspace and equipment, and complete dishwashing duties as required by job routine, following all Sodexo, client, and regulatory rules and health/safety procedures
· Restock inventory based on first in first out system and properly label/date food prepared/received
· Complies with all Sodexo safety and risk management policies and procedures striving for an accident free workplace
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
· Willingness to continue learning and growing
· Professionalism of judgement and behavior
· Positive attitude
· Flexible to adapt to changing work routines, priorities, and shifts
· Minimum grade 10 education
· FoodSafe I certification
· Previous food handling experiences is an asset
· Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Excellent time management and problem-solving skills required
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, detail oriented
· English proficiency, verbal and written
· Requirements upon hire:
o Current vaccinations records (Tetanus, Diptheria, Polio, Mumps, Rubella, Chicken Pox, Hepatitis A & B, Tuberculosis screening)
o Valid criminal record check through Ministry of Justice
o Have the ability to meet the organizational and physical requirements of the position
o Black slip resistant shoes
o Have the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
· Flexible work environment
· Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
· Training and development programs
· Countless opportunities for growth
· Corporate responsibility & sustainability
· Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
· Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
· Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
· And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual