DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking two (2) temporary, full-time Tax Preparers to join our Administration team starting at the end of February 2020. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Strategically supporting the firm, our Administration team anticipates the needs of our team members and Partners. We effectively communicate information for service lines, industry and specialty groups, and operations at all levels throughout the firm. Our administrators support initiatives and ensure efficiency, allowing MNP to better serve our clients and people.
Please submit your resume to https://experiencedcareers-mnp.icims.com/jobs/6865/tax-preparer-%28term-position%29/job by 12:00pm EDT on November 29, 2019.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for preparing complete and accurate tax returns while delivering outstanding customer service
- Compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns (and other tax compliance slips) ensuring compliance with government standards
- Prepare year-end tax forms (T4s and T5s)
- Investigate and correct discrepancies/ irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
- Update manager or engagement partner on the progress of engagements
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients and colleagues
- Set-up files for new and existing clients and assist with completion of administrative work
- Manage multiple files simultaneously
- Compile and organize client records
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting taxation knowledge
- Completion of an accounting or tax certificate or diploma is considered an asset; candidates with a high level of experience and no formal post-secondary education will be considered
- Experience in an accounting, customer service and/or client service environment is preferred
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience with the preparation of tax returns is preferred
- Experience working with or exposure to accounting and tax software such as Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting is beneficial
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work flexible hours for the months of February-end of April
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Tax Preparation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting/Tax (Preferred)