Founded in Edmonton in 2010, Shourie Bhatia LLP is dedicated to understanding our clients’ individual legal needs and to providing personalized, innovative solutions. We are also committed to fostering a positive, collaborative work environment where all members of the Shourie Bhatia Team can learn, grow and succeed professionally.
We are expanding our operations and are looking for outstanding individuals to join our team. We are seeking an experienced Commercial Assistant with a minimum of 5+ years of experience to work both independently and as part of our growing team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is extremely organized, detail oriented and able to handle a busy desk with shifting priorities. S/he will be committed to our mission of delivering an outstanding level of service to our clients.
- Start to finish experience primarily in commercial lending, with knowledge also in commercial purchase and sale transactions, and leasing. Responsibilities include drafting all transaction documents based on commitment letters, due diligence searches, preparing correspondence, communicating with counsel, clients, and third parties.
- Significant experience with lending-related files, including acting on behalf of Commercial Lenders
- Experience with asset purchase and sales
- Experience with assisting in drafting commercial leases
The Ideal Candidate:
- Successful completion of a legal assistant/paralegal program
- 5 or more years’ experience in a legal assistant role working in commercial law
- High proficiency working with MS Office 365 Suite, Adobe Pro and other resources commonly used by the legal profession
- Experience with Esi-Law is an asset
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, handle multiple assignments and work in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline driven environment
- Keen attention to detail and committed to producing accurate and high-quality work
- Ability to work well with clients experiencing sensitive/difficult circumstances and handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Highly reliable, able to work independently and be a team player
We thank all applicants for the submission of their resume, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- commercial legal: 5 years (Preferred)