Tonic Living is looking for a part-time Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist to drive our social media strategy and trade program. The days/hours are flexible with some opportunity to work offsite. The position will start mid-January 2020. The ideal candidate is a self-driven jack-of-all-trades who is passionate about interior design, social media, digital content and community.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage our social content across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, our blog, and more
- Execute paid social content and track performance metrics
- Upload, schedule, and tag social content
- Assist in moderating and responding to comments across all social platforms.
- Working with the creative team, you will execute and optimize our trade newsletter and help develop our trade program
- Update product listings and web content when needed
- Analyze performance of all platforms, channels and campaigns and adjust strategy and execution to improve metrics.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with media, influencers, and other affiliate partners.
- Promptly handle requests for product, images, fact-checking and any other related media inquiries
THE GOOD STUFF YOU NEED TO HAVE…
- Degree, diploma, or certification in one of the following: digital/social media, PR, journalism, communications, marketing and relevant experience
- 1+ years of work experience in social media management, e-commerce, digital marketing. Be prepared to share a portfolio of previous work
- Experience in paid social marketing, SEO best practices and keyword optimization
- Strong skills in executing content creation across all platforms
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Later, Tailwind and other social media platforms and tools
- Superior communication (oral & written) and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects consistently
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively with a team
- Must have some experience and strong passion in the interior decorating and home decor industry. It is integral that the candidate have some background in this area to truly understand the content they are executing
THE EXTRAS WE WOULD BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD…
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign & Photoshop and some basic graphic design chops
- Experience with Shopify or other e-commerce platforms preferred
- Photography or video editing skills
Job Type: Part-time
- home decor / interior design industry: 1 year (Required)
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- digital marketing: 1 year (Required)