FirstOntario Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in Ontario. We are a trusted co-operative financial intuition dedicated to providing competitive banking products and services and a quality Member service. More than 118,000 Ontarians choose FirstOntario for their financial needs – from chequing and savings accounts to loans and mortgages and highly qualified investment advice. Our Membership does more than save you money on fees, it also makes you an Owner. At FirstOntario, we believe the best way to ensure our success is by supporting the communities we serve. That’s why our policies include volunteering our time, talent and resources to worthy local causes and events. It’s also why we reinvest our profits in the same places they’re earned, and why we sponsor programs that promote financial literacy and economic development.
The Director, Treasury is a key member in a small and dynamic Treasury team. Accountable for FirstOntario Credit Union’s balance sheet and earnings risk, this detail oriented position provides clear, concise and compelling guidance to the AVP, Treasury backed up by well thought out analysis and vetted data. A strong collaborator and experienced leader, the Director, Treasury works with their team and business stakeholders to ensure balance sheet and profitability metrics are being met.
In the role, you will…
· Own the Asset Liability Management (ALM) and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) functions within Treasury, uncovering concerns and making proactive recommendations
· Oversee the analysis and forecasting of interest margin, interest rate risk and liquidity risk by working with your analyst and collaborating with peers to distill key price and growth assumptions
· Be meticulous preparation of monthly reports and analysis for submission to the Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) and to drive business decisions
· Exhibit curiosity about the drivers of margin performance versus latest forecasts and budget by preparing granular analysis and reporting for an executive audience
· Be adept at providing detailed insight into risk positions and key variances as well as their changes and trends
· Be a champion of the profitability focus of the credit union by developing the annual budget for interest margin and implementing processes to monitor business line profitability via Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) analysis
· Collaborate effectively with peers and business owners to ensure ALM metrics and profitability targets are being met
· Exhibit your acumen and expertise by promoting earnings certainty via data driven analysis to develop pricing, volume and hedging strategies
· Be a subject matter expert by remaining abreast of impending and developing regulation applicable to the Credit Union and Treasury department
· Accurately prepare short and long range forecasts of the balance sheet, taking into account concepts and strategies discussed at senior management committees
· Support business cases by providing research and data as required
· Regularly review and update policies and procedures for your function
· Perform other duties as required
Within your skills and qualifications, you will…
· Be proud of your post-secondary diploma or degree in finance, economics, business or a related field
· Postgrad degree in finance, economics, business or related field considered an asset
· Obtain or working towards pursuing a related professional designation (CFA, CPA, CA, CMA or CGA)
· Have a minimum of seven (7) years working in the finance field, preferably with a Treasury background within the financial services industry
· Minimum of two (2) years leading, coaching and developing teams
· Be proficient with Microsoft Office, data query and analysis tools
· Critically think through challenges as they arise and provide solutions with a positive attitude
· Exhibit your growth mindset by being open to and implementing feedback
· Be passionate about coaching and developing your team by building relationships and establishing ‘SMART’ goals and development plans
· Be an agile communicator by using a combination of electronic and in-person methods
· Exhibit intellectual curiosity in your analysis and engagements by asking relevant and value adding questions of yourself and others
· Be a problem solver by using your critical thinking skills
· Use your strong collaboration skills to make an impact at every touchpoint
· Be an advocate for change as FirstOntario and the Treasury team strives for new and exciting ways of delivering business services
· Be aware of and mitigate enterprise risk factors and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, legislation and FirstOntario policies and procedures
Our emphasis on service means we’re constantly searching for new team members whose dedication to helping people is as powerful as their ambition to succeed. We’re committed to providing professional development, and to extending employee activities beyond day-to-day operations to support the communities where we’re located. Our people are the difference, it’s a part of why we love coming to work.
If this sparks your interest and you demonstrate high levels of integrity and credibility, we should talk. Check out our website for the full job description and prepare your cover letter and resume listing your experience, qualifications, and submit it online through our careers page on the company website.
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
FirstOntario Credit Union will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent