VIA Rail is undergoing a transformation, at the core of which is the acquisition of a new fleet (32 trains as of 2022). With this unique opportunity in our 41 year history comes a wide range of projects and challenges in connection with technology, work methods and processes, maintenance buildings and, of course, the company’s employees. Rethinking current methods and ushering in new ones, all while maintaining operational excellence—now that’s a challenge!
Change Management Lead, New Fleet Program :
Reporting to the Vice-President, Fleet Renewal Program, the Change Management Lead will draft strategies and oversee the development and implementation of programs and tools related to change management best practices for the entire duration of the renewal program.
The incumbent will ensure that the essential functions of change management, including communication and training, are aligned within the new fleet program.
The steering committee, the project committee and change management partners will expect the incumbent to present change management progress reports for various projects.
To successfully meet these challenges, the Change Management Lead will:
- Provide expertise in organizational change management in line with the organization’s needs;
- Develop and plan organizational transformation processes by recommending methods, tools and solutions that specifically address the challenges of VIA Rail’s teams and its business partners’ areas of activity (evolving work culture, review of roles, etc.);
- Identify potential risks, issues and sources of resistance in order to address them and develop mitigation plans;
- Promote and communicate a shared vision of the fundamental change management elements, tools and processes among the various stakeholders within the company;
- Directly supervise a team of change management advisors and communications and training specialists;
- Develop and maintain business relationships with professionals across all corporate functions;
- Work with stakeholders to develop and deploy all required training materials;
- Approve change management deliverables;
- Design and maintain the change management dashboard for the executive management committee.
- University degree in engineering, administration, HR (organizational development) or communications.
- Change management certificate or special training a definite asset.
- At least 15 years of experience in change management, including 5 years in a leadership role with a large company.
- Be recognized for leadership skills and the ability to persuade executives at the highest levels.
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English and French).
- Experience in the rail industry an asset.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.