ICBC is committed to delivering consistently high quality customer service to all British Columbians. If you are interested in
receiving a competitive salary, doing meaningful work, contributing to an inclusive and respectful workplace and are a
responsible and reliable team member, we invite you to apply to join us at ICBC. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is committed to being an inclusive employer, one that reflects the diversity of the people and communities of British
Solutions Architect - Big Data
IS Solutions Leader Reference Number: 113343
North Vancouver Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work:
7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2020/05/05
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Information Management team as a Big Data Solutions Architect. This is an amazing
opportunity to drive the overall Big Data solution architecture and play a key role in leading and visioning our roadmap.
Your key focus and deliverables:
- Leading or participating in initial architecture envisioning effort during inception of larger initiatives
- Providing strategic technology leadership on data governance, reporting and analytic solutions
- Accountable for ensuring the solution architecture for Information Management delivery is maintained, is cost effective and
evolves to meet changing business needs
- Collaborate with IS application teams and business stakeholders on the solution analysis recommendation and planning for
business intelligence/analytics solutions
- Develop and document architecture decisions within the department
- Support technology simplification, ensuring decommissioning activities are completed
- Make recommendations to the organization on technology implementation
You are an insatiable learner whose knowledge of best practices, emerging trends and changes in the Information Management
domain will play a key part in your success in this role.
The work requires:
- A sound understanding of the underlying theoretical principles and concepts associated with business intelligence and
- Experience implementing data ecosystems with high data volume, high throughput, and various content structures.
- Applied experience in big data components such as Hive, Scala, Python, NoSQL, Scoop, Flume, Kafka.
- Knowledge of Big Data trends in the industry.
- Knowledge of business procedures from one or more business areas such as Claims, Insurance, Finance and Driver Licensing
are considered an asset.