The End-Point Systems Administrator’s role is to act as the primary source of expertise for resolution of complex support issues related to the desktop computing environment and mobile/cellular end-points throughout the organization. This may include analysis, planning, installation, diagnosis, repair, maintenance and upgrade of PC hardware, related equipment and cellular devices to ensure optimal performance. The incumbent must troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide direct end-user assistance where required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategy and Planning
Assists in the development of long-term strategies and conducts capacity planning to ensure that future desktop hardware and mobile device requirements are met proactively and effectively.
- Acquisition and Deployment
Conducts research on desktop computing products and mobile devices in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluates and recommends products for purchase. Writes technical specifications for purchase of PCs, other desktop hardware and related products, as well as mobile and cellular devices.
- Technical Support
Responds to incoming requests regarding complex desktop and mobile device problems as escalated from the Help Desk. Performs analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users; recommends and implements corrective solutions. When necessary, liaises with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- End-user Installation and Maintenance
Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end-user workstations and mobile devices along with related software in order to deliver required service levels. Assesses the need for and implements performance upgrades to PCs and mobile devices as required. Manage Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms including Microsoft Intune. Operating Systems imaging for windows and iOS devices. Deployment and management of video conferencing units.
- Desktop and Mobile Operation Performance and Reporting
Prepares tests and implements software solutions for monitoring desktop performance and provides performance statistics and reports. Assists in the preparation, maintenance and execution of procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop and mobile device operations. Accurately documents instances of desktop and mobile equipment failure and repair. Collaborates with the Server Systems and Network Systems Administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment and distributed mobile/cellular infrastructure.
- Mobile Data Plans Management
Responsible to enforce and educate the mobile users with data consumption, including creation and maintenance of Mobile IT acceptable policies.
- Backup Network Assistant
Acts as a backup to in house Network Admin in carrying out day to day activities and liaison with vendors in trouble shooting issues when needed. Assist in operation and maintenance of key network gear including Palo Alto firewalls and CISCO gear under the guidance and supervision of Network Admin.
Any other job-related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- University degree or College diploma in the field of computer science, engineering or a related discipline, or 8 years equivalent work experience.
- 2 to 3 years of experience with Managing endpoints with Microsoft Intune and related certification
- 3 to 4 years of experience with Cloud technologies related to managing endpoints
- 1 to 2 years of experience in managing network gear under supervision
- CCNA Certification
- 2 to 3 years of managing Windows 10 and familiarity with Microsoft Auto Pilot
- 2 to 3 years of experience with Office 365 platforms particularly TEAMS
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 years experience supporting hardware and/or mobile devices.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware and cellular mobile devices.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Proficiency in conducting research into PC issues and products as required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Clear understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and prioritize
- Professional manners appearance
- Solid judgment.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (905) 281-3800.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent