Barrie, ON – Permanent Hire
Essential Staffing is one of Canada’s premier recruitment agencies specializing in placing job seekers in Accounting/Finance roles in Barrie. Our client, a service company in the Barrie area is looking for an Accounting Manager to support the Controller and on occasion the Payroll Administrator.
Why work for us?
· Dynamic Growing Company
· Earn to $55-60K/year
· Great Team Environment – Family Friendly Environment
· An Entrepreneurial Spirit is welcomed!
In this position, you will assist the accounting department in a multi company environment. This role will be responsible for handling multiple intercompany transactions, oversee payroll and act as a back up to payroll on occasion, preparing statements, preparing month end reconciliations, managing aging AR, AP, and fixed assets.
Payroll – act as backup toweekly payroll for hourly and salaried with some commission calculations required
Accounts Receivable – monitoring and report aging invoices, collections
Accounts Payable - Oversee vendor set up, invoice approval, account coding and assist in managing vendor relations
Fixed Assets - Ensure fixed assets, accumulated depreciation and depreciation expense amounts are properly accounted for.
You should have the following:
· 3 or more years, in an accounting manager role in a service industry
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Designation would be an Asset!
· Hands on experience with financial reporting and fixed assets
· Well informed of current financial subjects and business environment
Who’s a good fit for this team:
· An organized individual who lives for accuracy and deadlines
· Has a strong understanding of accounting standards
· A great communicator with strong leadership skills
· Experience with QuickBooks is an asset
· Able to think outside the box and bring in fresh ideas
· Able to travel 2 days/week outside of Barrie
Reference ID: ESBarrie Ref #8008
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year