FirstOntario Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in Ontario. We are a trusted co-operative financial intuition dedicated to providing competitive banking products and services and a quality Member service. More than 118,000 Ontarians choose FirstOntario for their financial needs – from chequing and savings accounts to loans and mortgages and highly qualified investment advice. Our Membership does more than save you money on fees, it also makes you an Owner. At FirstOntario, we believe the best way to ensure our success is by supporting the communities we serve. That’s why our policies include volunteering our time, talent and resources to worthy local causes and events. It’s also why we reinvest our profits in the same places they’re earned, and why we sponsor programs that promote financial literacy and economic development.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the full cycle recruitment process while providing exceptional service to internal clients and is an active member of a dedicated Human Resources team that brings life to the Human Resources Strategic Plan. You will be entrusted with an ongoing quest to discover talent, build a strong employment brand and ensure great relationships with both candidates and employees.
In the role, you will…
· Effectively manage our full-cycle recruitment process for salaried roles by finding the right people who will contribute to our success
· Act as a brand ambassador for FirstOntario Credit Union; educate candidates on our culture, career growth, benefits and the many advantages to working with for us
· Keep abreast of market conditions, competition, best practices and trends that could impact hiring practices
· Identify hard-to-fill roles and develop innovative sourcing strategies to attract new talent
· Proactively source talent by leveraging social media with our Marketing partners and other online networks to identify and attract qualified “great fit” candidates
· Accurately prepare and present employment offers to candidates and maintain all documentation throughout the hiring and onboarding process
· Welcome all new hires with an exceptional onboarding experience
· Source, organize, and attend career fairs, assessment centres or other events that will showcase FirstOntario as a top employer
· Create a seamless and positive experience for hiring manager and prospective candidates
· Develop recruitment reports and trends in recruitment that will determine best places to recruit
· Provide talent analytics, tracking candidate pipelines, quality of hire, time to fill
· Build and leverage your working relationships with our internal business partners and external contacts across the organization
· Perform other duties as requested
Within your skills and qualifications, you will…
· Have a sound working knowledge of Human Resources which you built with a post-secondary diploma or degree in a field related to Human Resources Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Be a dynamic Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) and Member in Good Standing with the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA)
· Have three (3) to five (5) years of progressive HR experience in a coordinator or generalist capacity with a focus on recruitment
· Have solid experience assessing and identifying needs of hiring managers and developing creative staffing strategies to get the right person on our team
· Strong sourcing capabilities through digital and non-digital channels
· Have solid experience using an ATS or talent software
· Recruiting experience in an unionized environment is an asset
· Be detail-oriented and organized
· Embrace a flexible work style to the point you enjoy having multiple things on the go
· Appreciate the value of an open and collaborative work environment and the resulting knowledge sharing
· Appreciate the need to work independently while supporting team members and organizational objectives
· Be quick to respond to requests for service from all of your clients
· Take accountability and demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
· Do the right things for the right reasons
· Be extremely comfortable using a computer particularly MS Office
· Be aware of and mitigate enterprise risk factors and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, legislation and FirstOntario policies and procedures
· Have the flexibility to travel within our extensive branch network when required
Our emphasis on service means we’re constantly searching for new team members whose dedication to helping people is as powerful as their ambition to succeed. We’re committed to providing professional development, and to extending employee activities beyond day-to-day operations to support the communities where we’re located. Our people are the difference, it’s a part of why we love coming to work.
If this sparks your interest and you demonstrate high levels of integrity and credibility, we should talk. Check out our website for the full job description and prepare your cover letter and resume listing your experience, qualifications, and submit it online through our careers page on the company website.
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
FirstOntario Credit Union will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent