About Thomas Wang & Associates
TWA is a downtown Vancouver based and full-service immigration consulting firm committed to providing its clients with tailored immigration services on complex matters. As a uniquely talented professional team, we provide sophisticated immigration services such as immigration representation in English and Chinese to a broad spectrum of clients from individuals to corporations.
Our firm's practice areas are diverse, including but not limited to investor immigration, almost all kind of immigration hearing and appeals, as well as refugee and asylum protection claims.
We are looking for a prominent receptionist / clerical assistant to join our team in downtown Vancouver.
- Greeting clients and guests, direct incoming calls and answer routine questions in a courteous and expeditious manner;
- Communicate with clients, guests and the stakeholders;
- Manage boardroom bookings and meeting arrangement;
- Maintain immigration counsels' calendar for client appointments and other meetings;
- Assist counsels in preparing application forms, interviewing clients and disclosure records;
- Assist in preparing documents for case conferences and hearings in immigration tribunals;
- Open and manage clients' files and perform data-entry for immigration cases;
- Manage communication with immigration authorities/tribunals to obtain clients’ records/ notes;
- Perform duties with a high level of confidentiality, privilege and discretion;
- Liaise with clients for inquiries and notices by phone or email; and
- Perform other general and administrative duties as required as a receptionist
- Completion of post-secondary school is required
- Any related experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree or above is preferred
- A paralegal credential is a definite asset
- Outstanding proficiency in English both oral and written is required
- Proficiency in Chinese is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Calendar or Google system are required
- Interns without experience may apply
- 40 working hours per week (Full-time & Permanent position) subject to the personal capacity and competency of the candidate.
How to Apply
- Send resume by e-mail ONLY
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $30,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)