The Press Operator Trainee reports to the Production Supervisor, Calgary Plastic Division. Operates Press machinery in the most efficient manner possible creating a minimum amount of waste. Responsible for the quality and quantity of material being produced. Works safely at all times, keep work area clean and performs duties required for the day-to-day operation of the department.
- Successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently, Machine set-ups, quality control
- Must have a strong sense of urgency
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Be team oriented
- Have excellent communication skills and able to communicate with co-workers, shift supervisor(s), technical specialist and management
- Capable of lifting 10 to 50 lbs
- Able to read and understand work orders
- Demonstrate a commitment to Safety by following safety rules and guidelines
- Grade 12 education, Must be proficient in the English language - speak, write, read and comprehend
- 12-hour continental shifts.
- Good attendance, quality record and colour vision
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a Press Operator
This permanent full time position entails rotating continental shift work. This is an excellent opportunity offering competitive wages ,shift premiums, benefits after 3 months and a pension plan.