Welcome to Boomtown Casino, where we have been at the heart of Fort McMurray since 1978! We offer 450 slot machines, 10 gaming tables and 3 live poker tables. Add in a 130-seat lounge and live entertainment weekly for a full entertainment experience that can accommodate everyone.
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the gaming facility which includes the supervision of all departments including Slots, Maintenance, Tables, Security, Lounge, Finance as well as all of the employees within the Boomtown Casino.
This is an amazing opportunity for a self-starter and engaged professional with business acumen and a positive attitude that will lead operational changes and an environment that supports staff development. The Assistant General Manager provides critical support to casino operations in developing and executing strategic, operational and policy initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of the operation and therefore contributing to financial results.
If you have a passion to be an integral part of something exciting and can inspire an extraordinary team, this is the career opportunity for you!! The right candidate can also look forward to real possibilities for advancement.
- Responsible to create and deliver an experience that exceeds customer expectations.
- Help provide leadership, direction and mentoring to Gaming Operations.
- Responsible for maximizing revenue generation in the management of the revenue generating departments.
- Assist in developing and implementing promotions.
- Assist in advertising and marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for controlling labor and other operating cost to ensure that they are directly in line with casino’s volume level.
- Mentors, consults and gives direction to the management to instill the spirit of teamwork, communications and planning.
- Spends considerable time amongst the front line of the operation.
- Spends time with the customer identifying what is working and areas that need improvement.
- Responsible for providing recommendations to increase revenues, decrease costs for enhanced customer service levels.
- Works closely with the General Manager to consistently improve the performance, quality and profitability for the property.
- Creates a management philosophy that encourages teamwork, planning, communications, responsibility and accountability.
- Manage Department Heads in a positive manner, offering them direction, guidance and mentorship to assist them in their professional growth.
- Identify and act upon training needs.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with regulators, local business merchants and clientele.
- Maintains accountability for the performance and evaluation of departmental managers.
- Ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission Terms & Conditions and Operating Guidelines.
- Knowledge of all facets of the gaming industry.
- Knowledge and ability to raise service and quality standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate, plan and implement new standards, procedures and/or strategies.
- Ability to supervise, coordinate, direct and assign work.
- Ability to make rapid decisions with limited resource data available.
- Ability to analyze and develop timelines, project resources, monitor and evaluate results.
- Ability to provide sound and measurable backup to support any/all recommendations for change.
- Ability to hire, motivate and maintain a viable work force.
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some nights, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive casino experience, including a minimum 3 years of supervisory or management experience within a casino property. Strong Security or Slot background will be considered an asset.
- Must obtain and maintain Alberta Gaming License.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service.
- Must have proven leadership skills.
- Must have proven critical thinking skills.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict timelines.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
Job Type: Full-time
- casino: 5 years (Required)
- supervisory or management: 3 years (Required)
- Alberta Gaming License (Preferred)