Industrial Designer - Business Aircraft Interiors Development-MON17110
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Be involved in the complete design process;
- Conduct in-depth research that will inform innovative and varied concept generation, ranging from cabin floorplans to detailed design;
- Communicate concepts with compelling 2D sketches;
- Translate 2D sketch and concepts into 3D CAD models (Rhinoceros and Alias are the primary tools);
- Render 3D models into photo realistic images to support presentations to the management team (V-Ray and Keyshot are the primary tools).
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Interior Design, or equivalent;
- You have a minimum of three (3) years design experience (Transportation design is an asset);
- You are a very creative individual, that can yield a considerable amount of fresh ideas.
- You are highly skilled in sketching, drawing, digital painting and/or illustration (critical).
- You have a high-level expertise in 3D surface modelling (Rhinoceros and/or Alias) (critical);
- You have strong abilities in 3D rendering and lighting in V-Ray and/or Keyshot (critical);
- You have animation capabilities (asset) .
- You have Graphic User Interface (GUI) and/or User Experience (UX) knowledge (asset).
- You have coding knowhow (asset).
- You have a capacity to build your own electronics (asset).
- You have good knowledge of the ADOBE suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.);
- You have knowledge of AutoCAD, Catia V5, 3dsMax software;
- You are bilingual (French and English), oral and written;
- You are motivated by challenges and a drive for results, bringing a strong technical aptitude, knowledge of manufacturing processes, and a good overall problem-solving approach;
- You are flexible and creative in removing roadblocks and looking for creative ways to overcome challenges, and can maintain a strong design vision through long-term projects;
- You have strong communications skills and can effectively communicate concepts and designs in a presentation environment;
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your full design skillset: sketch, illustration, color and graphism, presentation sensitivity, 3D/CAD modelling and rendering;
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
24.02.2020, 11:56:08 AM