SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
More than 50%
American General Life Insurance Company
Regional Vice President – Territory consists of CA, AZ, NV
Purpose of Job:
The Regional Vice President (RVP) for Life Sales is the central resource and relationship manager for their assigned territory. Reporting to the National Sales Manager of AIG Partners Group , this position’s primary focus is on business development with responsibility for product positioning, marketing strategies, planning, research and problem solving.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- The RVP is responsible for developing regional business plans that achieve and exceed sales targets for their assigned territory.
- Prioritizes business plans through M GA segmentation in order to achieve highest return on sales production .
- Continuously analyzes territories to assess market changes or trends, personnel changes or relationship needs, and revises business plan (visits, trainings, etc) accordingly. Must work closely with NSM to develop and implement Recruiting initiative in the region.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with M GA members in order to establish and achieve sales targets. Serves as the initial contact for problem resolution. Researches accounts and/or elevates issues to solve problems.
- Leads or coordinates training, webcasts and conference calls for M GA staff and Producers .
- Proactively sets sales meetings visits and prepares agendas in advance (going in with a purpose). Afterwards, summarizes next steps and follows through on commitments.
- Partners closely with assigned Internal Wholesaler, providing continuous communication on sales ideas, case management and M GA needs in order to advance sales within region.
- Actively manages informal/formal applications to maximize placement and production.
- Organizes and maintains orderly files on all customers.
- Reports sales activity and production as required.
- Maintains successful relationships with internal clients including but not limited to Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting and Operations.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge on industry trends, UW regulations, advanced marketing concepts and company products.
- Leverages the Company’s expertise by working effectively with areas such as Product Development, Competition & Research, Advanced Sales, etc.
- Consistently looks for “value adds” through service and selling ideas.
- Keeps an ethical and compliant region based on company and regulatory standards.
- Operates the region on a cost effective basis within budget as determined by the company.
- Travels a minimum of 50% of the time.
Expert knowledge of Life Insurance, ( IUL, UL and Term ) and familiarity with Advanced Sales concepts . Strong communication skills (verbal & written) , Excellent presentation skills .
Must be able to apply sound discretion and judgment abilities.
Strong listening skills required.
Requires a demonstrated record of initiative, leadership, problem-solving and adaptability .
Excellent public speaking with the ability to plan, organize, develop and deliver effective presentations to a targeted audience .
Bachelor’s Degree + Insurance designations (CLU and/or ChFC).
Minimum 5 + years in life insurance sales.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.