Kerkhoff Construction prides itself with over 50 years of experience teaming up on real estate development, project management and construction projects. We build our reputation on fairness, quality and integrity. Our team has been drawn together by a common desire - to build and develop both structures and relationships.
We are looking to expand our team and are seeking a Jr. Estimator.
Reporting to the Sr. Estimator you will be responsible for overall project costing. The main roles of the estimator Land Acquisition costing, Development Cost Management, Project Planning, Quantity Takeoffs, Bid Management.
- Managing project planning, budgeting and identification of resources required
- Collaborating with the Project Managers and Coordinators in order to document and track project costs, changes to scope, costing of RFIs and Site Instructions.
- Coordinate, manage and communicate with all subcontractors/suppliers and effectively maintain Procore database of subtrades.
- Coordinate, manage and communicate with the architect, engineers, authorities having jurisdiction (ie City), and clients throughout the project as instructed.
- Provide support to the Lead Estimator in establishing and reviewing the scope of work documents and generating comprehensive cost estimates for proposals, projects and change orders.
- Analyze drawings and specifications
- Have a working knowledge of contractual terms and conditions
- Assemble estimates and proposals
- Earn to provide clear detailed quantity takeoffs of materials
- Organize sub-contractors quotations.
- Assist Senior Estimators with initial budget creation
- Assist with detailed estimates for complete projects, including optional pricing as required.
- Review and monitor costs throughout the project to ensure the project is completed within the estimated cost.
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- Minimum two years of post-secondary education in a construction related program, with several courses in technical communication and technical management skills.
- Preference is to have a degree in Construction Management or being Gold Seal Certified, with at least two years of experience onsite.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques in order to successfully complete projects on time, on budget, and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Thorough understanding of industry practices, processes and standards, and their impact on project activities. This knowledge can be gained either by post- secondary technical training in construction and/or field experience.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, decision making, etc) is essential. Must be able to prepare technical letters, memos, and emails at a professional level, particularly when addressed to (or on behalf of) clients.
- Proficient in technology and typing is essential; Experience with Excel and MS Projects Scheduling and Procore
- Proficient use of Sage Timberline Estimating and PlanSwift are considered as extremely beneficial
To learn more about Kerkhoff Construction visit our website at www.kerkhoff.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- estimating: 2 years (Preferred)