Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience but recent graduates will be considered. Salary will be based on experience. We are a small firm in a small town and this position would be most beneficial for someone who lives in or near Cayuga.
The position is primarily in residential real estate but also for family law and other work. Both full time and part time options will be considered. We are flexible about scheduling work times.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide legal and administrative support in a mixed law practice mainly focused on residential real estate, incorporation, wills and family law;
- Input and maintain relevant information into Conveyancer/Unity, Teraview, Divorcemate and Cosmolex
- Perform title searches and prepare reports and closing documents
- Liaise with clients, lenders, and other law firms
- Provide support for corporate, wills, family and estates matters
- Prepare, edit, and file correspondence and legal documents from instructions
- Assist with dockets, billing, and daily banking
- Assist with other administrative matters as neededPreferred Qualifications and Skills
- College level legal assistant degree
- 2-3 years’ of real estate experience
- Ability to complete residential and commercial real estate transactions with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Training or Experience with Conveyancer/Unity, Teraview, Divorcemate and WordOnly those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent