Part time, 3 days per week up to 5 days a week when required
$20.00 - $24.00 per hour, plus Benefits
The BC Wildlife Federation (BCWF) is the leading conservation organization in BC. As a province-wide non-profit charitable association with over 43,000 members and more than 100 Member Clubs, our organization represents the interests of all British Columbians whose aims are to conserve and protect BC’s fish, wildlife and habitat for present and future generations.
We are currently searching for an Executive Assistant to support the Director of Corporate Operations, the Board of Directors and staff. The Executive Assistant maintains the formal connection between the Chief of Staff and members of the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
Board Liaison and Minutes
- Provide administrative and operational support for BCWF operations and Board/Committee initiatives, under the direction of the Director of Corporate Operations or designate Chief of Staff, including preparation and distribution of reports, letters, presentations and other related communications.
- Board meetings and Executive Committee meetings are each once per month during the evenings. These meetings are conducted through Zoom for now. Post COVID-19, Board meetings will be held quarterly over a weekend.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Corporate Operations including drafting of agendas, assembling materials for meetings and mailings, minute taking, distribution of minutes, and effective follow up on action items after meetings.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Board meetings including travel arrangements, room bookings, catering requirements, agenda package assembling & distribution.
- Update, assemble and distribute the annual Directors Manual, in both hard copy and electronic format.
- Conduct research when required.
- Maintains terms of reference for standing and ad hoc committees.
- Keep a master calendar of scheduled activities and events (work with Executive & Staff to update monthly).
- Coordinate the Annual General Meeting and assist with the production of the Annual Report in conjunction with the Director of Corporate Operations, Marketing and Communications.
- Assist in identifying and facilitating required updates and revisions to the BCWF AGM Planning Binder, Timeline and related forms and other documents.
- Create, distribute and process forms, letters and invitations for AGM registration, donations, speakers, VIP’s, etc.
- Update, prepare and assemble the AGM & Convention binder, including all applicable reports and related collateral for the Director of Corporate Operations.
- Trade show registration and insurance documentation, outreach planning, implementation details, and attend as required.
Communication and Meetings
- Receive and screen communications to the Director of Corporate Operations, President and Board Members including telephone calls, e-mail messages, and provide assistance using independent judgement to determine which require priority attention; prioritize, channel and facilitate communication from all sources through the Director’s office.
- Adept in use of proper protocols in dealing with all levels of government both written and verbal.
- Assist with development and distribution of Board, Committee and stakeholder communications, both print and electronic.
- Assemble and distribute quarterly reports from Regional Presidents, Committee Chairs and staff.
- Attend meetings to take, develop and distribute meeting minutes as assigned.
- Facilitate outgoing office correspondence including letters, reports, emails, etc.
- Maintain and update folders on server and manage e-archiving process.
- Assist the Director of Corporate Operations and other senior BCWF staff in the preparation, communication and distribution of the various annual BCWF departmental business plans, budges and reports
- Research and analyze routine administrative projects for the Director; prepare first draft reports on routine administrative matters.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail; review and evaluate mail to identify those items requiring priority attention of the Director.
- Provide follow up to assignments given to staff by the Director; provide administration reports to the Director.
- Research, review and summarize reports and documents, preparing overviews, backgrounders and presentations, as assigned and distribute
- Update Organization’s Organizational Chart.
- Undergraduate level of studies or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least three years progressive administrative responsibilities and at least two years executive and/or governance assistance work experience required.
- Advanced level experience in setting up online meetings and taking control of Zoom sessions.
- Non-profit experience an asset.
- Supervisory experience desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Technologically savvy
- High level of typing accuracy and speed (Minimum 50 wpm).
- Understands the principles of good governance and can communicate them clearly.
- Must be extremely well organized, analytical, flexible and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to support extremely busy, highly professional individuals in a fast-paced environment by taking initiative, prioritizing needs and meeting tight deadlines.
- Understands how to manage by influence.
- Able to exercise diplomacy, tact and good judgement in recognizing scope of authority and in protecting confidential information.
- Exceptional inter-personable skills which enable building harmonious working relationships with board members, the general public and co-workers.
- Emotional maturity required.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working within a dynamic, multi-faceted team environment.
- Strong personal alignment with BCWF’s mission, goals and values.
$20.00 to $24.00/hr. based on experience. 24 hours per week, typically three 8-hour days a week. However, evening availability is essential. Flexible schedules and work from home options are offered. Interested candidates must be able to work additional hours during busy times, possibly in the evenings and weekends. Full Benefits upon completion of 3-month probationary period.
This is a permanent part-time position, 24 to 40 hours per week and our offices are conveniently located close to Hwy 1 and the Golden Ears Bridge. Occasional evenings, weekends and extended hours will be required to accommodate activities and events of the association.
Please forward a single word or PDF file combined cover letter, stating salary expectations and resume. Please put position title in the subject line of your email.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only, in the form a 1 page PDF to include a letter and resume. No phone calls please. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the BC Wildlife Federation.
For other career opportunities, please visit our website. www.bcwf.bc.ca
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- working with Boards: 2 years (Required)
- setting up zoom meetings for large groups: 2 years (Required)
- minute taking: 2 years (Required)
- administrative assistant: 3 years (Required)