Airports Council International (ACI) is the only global trade representative of the world’s airports. Established in 1991, ACI represents airports interests with Governments and international organizations such as ICAO, develops standards, policies, and recommended practices for airports, and provides information and training opportunities to raise standards around the world.
USAID Reducing Opportunities for Unlawful Transport of Endangered Species (ROUTES) Partnership brings together aviation sector, conservation organizations, government agencies, and others to disrupt wildlife trafficking in the legal transport supply chain. ACI works with the ROUTES Partnership as one of the core partners, implementing initiatives to support member airports and broader aviation sector in their efforts against wildlife trafficking.
With the support from the ROUTES Partnership, the prospective Research Assistant will support towards ACI’s implementation of the Partnership’s activities and objectives.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about current global sustainability issues;
- Has a good understanding of the aviation framework and stakeholders;
- Possesses excellent drafting skills;
- Talented at engaging with multiple cultural settings, across different geographical locations;
- Represents the ACI World values of Integrity, Member Focus, Professionalism and Teamwork
The position is based in Montreal, the world’s international hub for organizations involved in aerospace and aviation. It offers candidates a unique opportunity to work in a global environment.
- Assist with coordination and communication with the ROUTES Partnership to ensure timely implementation of partnership’s activities and objectives
- Provide administrative and technical support to the work carried out on wildlife trafficking (WT) by the Environment department
- Conduct scoping exercises to best capture airport operator’s needs in terms of addressing illegal wildlife trafficking
- Assist with development and implementation of wildlife trafficking awareness raising initiatives and guidance document on best practices for airports
- Assist with coordination of activities and development of common positions related to WT among ACI-internal departments (aviation security, facilitation and IT, communications, and global training)
- Assist with activities involving coordination with ACI regions, Environment Standing Committees, Wildlife Taskforce members
- Assist with the development and refinement of capacity building materials
- Organize periodic meetings and conference calls with relevant stakeholders
Benefits to the Candidate
- Unique opportunity to work in an international environment, engaging with international organizations, airports and experts from around the world;
- Opportunity to gain knowledge and experience working on a international development project;
Technical knowledge, skills, and abilities
- University degree in environmental management, business or law.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in either international development projects, aviation, research or any other relevant area
- Familiarity with aviation framework and stakeholders
- Experience in an international context
Should this position interest you, please send your resume and cover letter
Job Type: Contract
- research: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)