Mechanical Contractor in search of experienced Journeymen Plumbers who are looking to advance there career into more then just installing. Looking for people wanting to become Foreman or more.
If you are experienced or currently growing in the following areas we would be pleased to review your resume:
- Administrative / Organizational skills – Ability to plan, organize, and efficiently handle activities (and eliminate unnecessary activities). Regularly completes paperwork, hands in paperwork in timely manner
- Knowledge of work – knowledge and understanding of phases of job, understanding of code and jurisdiction requirements
- Ability to plan ahead – forecast upcoming labour requirements, prepare scope of work, identify material requirements in advance
- Read and interpret blue prints
- Frequently document changes on as-builts
- Ownership / Accountability / Quality Control – take pride in work, and review those of others to ensure it is of quality
- Communication – Effective in listening to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing and providing relevant and timely information to management, co-workers, and customers.
- Teamwork – Ability to get along with fellow employees, respect the right of other employees and show a cooperative spirit.
- Decision Making/ Problem Solving – Able to effectively understanding problems and making timely, practical decisions.
- Expense Management – Ability to establish control procedures; operating efficiently at lowest cost; staying within established budgets.
- Time Management – ability to recognize amount of time to be allocated to a task, and stay within those parameters.
- Job Knowledge – Eager in keeping knowledgeable of methods, techniques and skills required for job; remaining current on new developments affecting your trade and work activities.
- Specific job knowledge – fluent in drainage (PVC, ABS, Cast), domestic water lines (copper & PVC) , black iron work, fixtures, mechanical room piping, understanding of boilers and other mechanical equipment
- Leadership – Effective in accomplishing work assignments; establishing challenging goals; delegating and coordinating effectively when required to do so; promoting innovation and team effort.
- Customer Responsiveness – Show responsiveness and courtesy in dealing with internal staff, external customers and vendors; employee projects in a courteous manner.
- Safety – abides by and exhibits a positive attitude towards safety. Contributes to accident prevention, safety awareness, ability to care for property and keep work place safe and tidy.
- Willing to work out of town on occasion.
- Hold a valid drivers license
- Provide own hand tools, hard hat and safety boots
Although not required to apply, the following safety training is an asset:
- First Aid
- Fall Protection
- Work Platform Training
We offer full health and dental benefits through Merit Contractors Association. We complete work for a variety of general contractors on commercial, industrial, and institutional projects. We are looking for hardworking, honest individuals to join our team and provide high quality mechanical installations, while employing safe and efficient workplace practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36.00-$40.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We are following all guidelines currently in place.
Vaccination in not required but strongly recommended.
- Plumbing: 5 years (required)
Willingness to travel: