Senior Associate's Assistant
You’re an independent and outgoing professional. You always provide exceptional customer service and support to new and existing clients. You enjoy meeting new people and are passionate about promoting health and wellness.
- Be an Ambassador of the Nanaimo Athletic Club and it's brand with constant communication of company vision while providing daily delivery of an incredible member experience.
- Provide leadership by being the living embodiment of transparency, integrity and professional demeanour.
- Ensuring through your words and actions a display of strong work ethic and integrity for policies and procedures that are to be embraced collectively as a team with Nanaimo Athletic Club's branding in mind.
- Overall responsibility for effectively managing all operations of Nanaimo Athletic Club; including but not limited to:
- Monitor the hiring, firing, training and scheduling of all staff, and resolving of personnel/staff to staff issues
- Oversee the sales process and systems and ensuring the club is achieving projected membership/sales goals.
- Manage, monitor, and evaluate cleanliness and the performance of all gym-related staff duties
- Working with your administrators and marketing team to achieve continued growth and improvement in the overall development of Nanaimo Athletic Club's brand.
- Developing a high performing sales team with a focus on the company's economic drivers through:
- Prospecting for new leads and business opportunities
- Recruiting and developing top level sales staff
- Working within the companies System and structure while creating a disciplined and accountable work environment
- Ensuring staff are working within the company "code of conduct" and keeping record of all managing disciplinary actions involving all gym level employees.
- Leads, motivates, and mentors a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow through on business plans to ensure goals are met; control and support the team through coaching and training.
- Provide guidance and training in delivering exceptional customer service to all members and guests.
- Properly manage and maintain gym operational budget and advise administration of all changes
- Provide and maintain the highest level of customer service in a high volume retail environment through both personal actions and development of the staff. Ability to handle challenging customer issues with patience, tact and professionalism. Excellent leadership, training and management skills.
- Excellent communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Ensures that all front desk systems are followed such as proper member check-in, telephone inquiry, guest registration, cash handling, replacing member ID cards, delinquent account procedures, account modification requests, travel/guest passes.
- Complete understanding & responsible for communicating and following cash management procedures.
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Works, Excel and Powerpoint
- Communicates with SA/Owner regarding ways to improve front desk operations
- Manage customer service team to ensure policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Assists SA\Owner with general club management, ensuring all members concerns are addressed in a timely manner
- Works in cooperation with SA/Owner to manage/process membership cancellations. Keeps accurate reports of member past due accounts and conducts collections reports for submission.
- Assists SA\Owner with bi-monthly payroll to ensure all missed log-ins are corrected and submitted on time with payroll signed off by indicated deadline.
- Ensure the accurate administration of corporate membership records, company tracking, and workplace programs. Provide effective decision-making regarding customer service issues. Ensure the accurate administration of corporate membership records, company tracking, and workplace programs.
- Serves as liaison with Customer Care Department assisting Senior Associate /Owner with member and operational issues, audits, daily cash summaries to ensure daily deposits are accurate and made on time.
- May act as a cross-functional Manager, assisting the Senior Associate with membership inquiries as required. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Acts as a liaison with janitorial team daily to ensure proper level of cleanliness maintained at all times including daily management of the cleaning checklists. Ensure that the facility is clean and operationally sound. Create repair reports on all damaged equipment.
- Review weekly sales and statistics and identify potential revenue gaps. Work with NAC marketing team and plan and promote special events for the gym on a monthly basis, using corporate marketing as needed. Participate in revenue generating activities, including: networking events, on-site presentations, seminars, and workshops.
- Directs and controls all gym walk-thrus.
* Free Gym Membership after 3-month probationary period
* In-house CSR, First Aid and Health Educational Certifications available
* Product discounts
* Commissions structure available after probationary period
* Childminding on-site*
* Ministry Approved, Government Subsidized Licensed Daycare on-site
- High School diploma with five years professional experience. College degree preferred.
- 2-year experience as a Senior Associate
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business or related field with two years of management experience preferred. Fitness industry experience preferred but not required.
- Be sales-oriented and have the ability to direct sales through company required outreach programs.
- Strong customer service skills with proven track record.
- Understanding of performance metrics including P&L, revenue, budgeting, inventory, payroll, cost controls and facilities maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team spirit with open, participative leadership style and drive for excellence.
- Current CPR Certification
- Proficient in the use of all software programs that are utilized at the facility
- Ability and experience in effectively motivating and managing a staff of employees
- 3 Employee References required (no personal)
- Has a passion for health and fitness.
We require the name and phone number of a Personal Reference and TWO (2) work-related References.
Please submit your resume online or to our front desk office at the Nanaimo Athletic Club to the attention of: Senior Associate.
* Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time hours
PREFERRED: Long-term, Permanent, Flexibility with hours, Available Weekends
Based on experience.
Advancements based on performance and reliability
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Nanaimo Athletic Club is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential. MUST be legal to work in Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Store Discount
- Wellness Program
- Managerial: 1 year (Preferred)