POSITION (Title):Long Term Care Corporate Officer Manager
DEPARTMENT/SERVICE AREA: Finance
SITE: Rainycrest Long Term Care Facility
REPORTS TO (Title): Chief Financial, Information & Technology Officer
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A three-year diploma in accounting, business, financial management or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience required.
- Demonstrates a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Teams) and financial reporting and accounting applications.
- Highly proficient in financial and managerial accounting.
- Ability to take on work assignments, adapt to a changing environment, and willingness to learn and utilize financial, reporting and Health Information System software applications and new processes required.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively as a member of a team.
- Must possess a high degree of confidentiality and honesty.
- Carry out all work assignments safely and be knowledgeable of and in compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
- The Long Term Care Corporate Office Manager is required to:Work independently with a high degree of accuracy;
Be dependable, versatile, highly motivated, competent, cooperative;
Show initiative and be a creative thinker;
Be innovative, illustrate superior communication skills, maintain strong interpersonal relationships;
Willingness and ability to work in a position of trust with the public, patients and vulnerable adults (residents) in a professional and courteous manner;
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess effective organizational and time management skills; and
Possess a high degree of confidentiality, honesty, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Provides Financial and Administrative support to Corporate Senior Administration, Administrator and Management of the Long Term Care Home and the Eldcap sites according to Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles, internal controls, the Long Term Care Act and other pre-established guidelines, controls, policies and procedures, ensuring timelines are adhered to.
- Manages and supports all long term care financial and administrative functions including payroll, scheduling and reception.
- Engage with residents and their families to meet their needs through various administrative and financial processes.
- Identify, establish and sustain controls and improve both efficiency and accountability through well established processes.
- Understand, monitor and analyze the long term care financial operating budget, monthly and annual financial accounting. Assist the Director of Finance and Chief Financial Officer in the annual budget process.
- Monitor monthly performance and budget metrics and guide supervisors and managers in meeting their goals and objectives and in ensuring timely reporting to the Administrator, Financial and Senior Teams. Assist in ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Meet with residents and family members and guide them through completing admission documents and the Long Term Care admissions process. Assist residents and their family in completing annual forms and other submissions when required (Notice of assessments). Includes managing resident intake, setup, billing, collections and discharges.
- Assist in the preparation and completion of the Annual Reconciliation Reporting audit and assist the Director of Finance and Chief Financial Officer with other long term care reporting requirements.
- Monitor, report, analyze and submit daily occupancy reports to Senior Management. Ensures that census is accurate.
- Maintain internal resident financial and demographic records and information, including admissions documents, trust documents, Power of Attorney/Substitute Decision Maker documents and other financial information. Update the admissions, discharges and billing changes in the resident records and in the system.
- Supports the preparation of internal and quarterly financial and regulatory reports as and when required.
- Produce and distribute all facility financial communiqués under the direction of the Corporate Senior Team, Chief Financial Officer or Administrator.
- Manages, reconciles and maintains resident trust accounts (including deposits, withdrawals, reconciliation and audits) in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Manage and follow up on overdue and outstanding accounts. Ensures that residents have paid their monthly accommodation rents by the 8th of each month. Makes collection efforts for any accounts in arrears.
- Processing and applying the MOHLTC resident rate reduction application process on behalf of the residents.
- Prepares all resident billing, including managing and processing payments; follows up on billing queries, concerns and complaints.
- Conducts regular and ad hoc audits of resident financial and demographic information to ensure adherence to controls, Long Term Care compliance and regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Review, reconcile and code invoices and submit to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Trains, educates and supports management and staff in long term care statistical and financial reporting requirements.
- Assist in the collection of any financial or statistical information.
- Contract Management for services including, but not limited to, Medical Director, Attending Physician, Hairdresser and Footcare services.
Payroll & Scheduling
- Assists and supports the Scheduler with payroll and scheduling processing when required.
- Follows the Collective Agreements, as applicable, when assisting the Scheduler in scheduling and staff replacement practices.
- Ensures financial controls are in place and adhered to and that financial and human resources are used appropriately, responsibly and efficiently in the use of Agency and Contracted Staff.
- Perform other duties not specifically mentioned in the policies, procedures or job descriptions or that may, from time to time, be assigned.
Conditions of Employment
· Human Resource Policies
· Corporation Policies
· Department Policies
· Must provide satisfactory vulnerable sector check
· Must possess valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34.61-$46.14 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location