At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service more than 475 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
The Store Manager oversees all activities related to the efficient management of the store. Furthermore he/she is central to the development of product sales.
Specifically, he/she :
- Contributes to a positive and open work environment with emphasis on employee responsibility by ensuring a constant presence on the floor;
- Implements change management initiatives in a positive manner;
- Oversees all activities related to human resources management (hiring, training, performance evaluation, health and safety, labour relations, etc) in collaboration with the Human Resources Business Partner;
- Is responsible for all internal communications and develops appropriate communication tools;
- Plans and elaborates the Sales and Salaries budget on an annual basis;
- Ensures objectives and budgets are met by analysing and evaluating operational results;
- Manages and analyzes sales and takes necessary actions to maximize them;
- Manages and coordinates policies and procedures regarding loss prevention, breakage of goods and health and safety;
- Manages and coordinates corporate policies and procedures;
- Plans the physical yearly inventory;
- Hires and trains members of his/her team and contributes to succession planning by being an active coach.
### Job Requirements
- 5 years of experience in employee management
- Substantial knowledge of the retail industry
- Leadership, autonomy and problem-solving skills
- Results and Customer Service oriented
- Excellent communicator
- Proactive and innovative management
- Excellent French language skills (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of the renovation field is an asset
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
Are you a proven team leader? Are you driven by business strategy? Are you motivated by sales and customer service? You have what it takes to be part of our team!