Coordinator, Lands - Rights & Third-Party Management
As part of a growing engineering and project delivery team, the Coordinator of Land Rights and Third-Party Management will be integral to the Lands and Engineering departments within Pacific Northern Gas Ltd. The Coordinator will be accountable to the Director, Asset Management & Project Delivery and will be responsible for interface and rights management between PNG and third parties on the land base.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Coordinate the administration and maintenance of land rights as they pertain to the pipeline system(s).
- Manage and maintain rights associated with private landowners, provincial and federal lands, and third parties.
- Manage and maintain reporting and annual payments associated with permits, insurance, and landowner compensation.
- Review and resolution of deficient rights.
- Maintain filing systems / databases associated with rights of way, lease and fee simple lands, land owners, 3rd parties crossed or impacted by PNG, pipeline system historic regulatory documents, and technical reports.
- Maintain filing systems / databases for 3rd party activity crossing or in proximity to PNG assets.
- Review and permit 3rd party activity crossing or in proximity to PNG assets, including compilation and distribution of agreement documentation and conditions.
- Liaise with 3rd party land agents, consultants, landowners, and regulators.
- Manage online accounts and associated administrative activities for BC Online, LTSA, and the BC OGC’s KERMIT database.
- Assist with the coordination of compliance and enforcement measures pertaining to 3rd party activities on or in proximity to PNG rights of way.
- Assist with communication and outreach to landowners, industrial operators, planners, and public and emergency officials in order to enhance PNG’s public awareness and integrity management programs.
- Regular navigation of the BC Oil & Gas Commission’s (BC OGC) Application Management System (AMS) and pipeline/facility database (KERMIT) for the management and maintenance of PNG’s licensed assets.
- Work with representatives of the BC OGC to identify and remedy incomplete or inconsistent data within KERMIT.
- Manage (maintain) PNG’s rights related documentation associated with technical permits, licenses of occupation, statutory rights of way, blanket easements, special use permits, 3rd party permits, and land-owner agreements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in law, paralegal, business management, resource management, land use planning, or an acceptable equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in law, paralegal, project permitting, land or resource management, natural resources, community investment and development, or an acceptable equivalent.
- Experience within the oil & gas, mining, forestry, electricity, or renewables industries considered an asset.
- Experience working within the BC Oil and Gas Commission technical regulatory environment is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of British Columbia utility regulatory environment an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build strong respectful relationships with diverse and varied groups both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in both a team setting and independently in order to achieve project driven deliverables that are often in an evolving context.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and competencies with a proven ability to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Well-developed and effective communication, writing, and presentation skills in the English language
- High level of organizational, strategic planning, conceptual thinking, project management, research, and analytical skills.
- Strong initiative with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer skills, including database development and management, document formatting, and file management.
- Fluent in the use of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Outlook) and business management and operations systems platforms (JD Edwards, Maximo, SAP, SharePoint).
- Familiarity with principles of mapping and survey. Experience with the use of mapping applications such as ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and Google Earth considered an asset.
Other Considerations / Additional Information:
- Position is in Terrace, BC, with regular and frequent travel within PNG’s service territory in BC.
- Direct reporting will be to the Director, Asset Management & Project Delivery located in Terrace, BC.
Pacific Northern Gas Ltd. offers a comprehensive defined benefit pension and benefits package in addition to work/life balance and opportunities for career growth.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Oil & Gas: 3 years (Preferred)
- Project Permitting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Land and Resource Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Business Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)