POSITION AVAILABLE: CASHIER (FULL TIME)
Please BRING THE RESUME ,GO TO THE STORE AT:
OCEANS FRESH FOOD MARKET
150 West Dr., Brampton, ON L6T 4P9
OR CALL: 905-455-6166, And Speak To MICHELLE ***
***APPLICANT MUST BE FLEXIBLE IN WORKING TIME INCLUDING WEEKEND!***
Oceans Fresh Food Market is a supermarket ideally positioned as Canada’s multi-ethnic fresh food shopping experience. We have been in business since 2007 and provide a high level of quality with regards to produce, fresh meat and fresh seafood. We are currently looking for a full-time Cashier. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers, and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a consistent manner.
- Handle cash transactions with customers using cash registers
- Establish or identify PLU/prices of goods, services and tabulate bills using cash registers or optical price scanners.
- Weigh items sold by weight in order to determine prices.
- Receive payment by cash, vouchers or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishments.
- Resolve customer questions and complaints, guide them and provide relevant information.
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationship with management, supervisor, and co-workers.
- Providing training and assistance to a newly joined cashier.
- Assist and relieve other members of the cashier team as may be requested by the Supervisor, Manager or designate.
- Performs other tasks as required by the Supervisor, Manager or designate to meet business needs.
- Strong customer service skills and passion for serving people
- Superior standards of cleanliness and quality
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work from directives with little supervision
- Ability to understand, follow instructions and solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high paced environment
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Effective English communication skills
- Experience not necessary as training is provided
- Superior time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00-$16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)