Job Requisition Id:
Bilingual Imperative (BBBB)
Employee Class and Level:
Number of Vacancies:
Job Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy):
Services supporting a wide range of human resources business processes, including recruitment and selection, legislative programs, benefit entitlement and eligibility, personnel development, organization maintenance, workforce management, time management and payroll. The analyst communicates extensively with employees, union representatives, external clients and managers on a variety of Human Resources issues by responding to enquiries, investigating and resolving issues, providing guidance and direction, tracking and following up on outstanding issues until resolution. Interprets, verifies, and applies corporate policies, legislation and collective agreements as they relate to human resources processes. Ensures all legislation pertaining to HR activities, regulations and procedures are respected, as well as the integrity and confidentiality of employee information.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Analyst, Employee Relations and Benefits:
- Projects a positive Human Performance Management Image with the ability to listen attentively, communicate effectively and provide clear and accurate information. Possesses in depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of HPM policies, processes and systems. Responds to enquiries and investigates issues. Provides resolution to issues and identifies and tracks all outstanding issues. Detects trends of enquiries and issues and escalates to management. Provides coaching to supervisors and management in SAP transactions affecting pay.
- Supports recruitment and selection processes by establishing, maintaining and processing applicant inventories, screening résumés, preparing competition posters, arranging translations, utilizing e-Procurement to post external job advertisements, acknowledging applications, verifying employee qualifications in SAP, communicating with external and internal applicants, other departments and senior management on recruitment matters, scheduling and conducting interviews for base class positions only (as required), conducting selection tests, including GAT and language tests, (which may involve instructing large groups of candidates on test procedures), performing reliability checks, including liaising with government departments, private enterprises and the RCMP), in accordance with corporate policies and human rights and privacy guidelines, tracking selection processes from start to finish, generating recruitment letters including letters of offer, calculating unionized employees’ salaries in accordance with payroll policies and collective agreements, advising new employees on their conditions of employment; and maintaining the strictest confidentiality in the selection processes. Communicates professionally with candidates in difficult and complex situations and resolves conflicts in order to minimize risks to the Corporation that could give rise to court actions or grievances. Controls access to employee career files in accordance with privacy legislation by exercising good judgment and discretion. Ensures that appropriate documentation is stored on the selection and career files in accordance with record retention guidelines. Photocopies as needed/requested.
- Administers the business processes related to maintaining transfer, priority, surplus, seniority, eligibility, and recall lists. Interprets, verifies and applies the related collective agreement clauses and corporate policies involved in accurately maintaining and consulting the staffing lists. This requires a thorough knowledge of transfer, layoff, recall and surplus procedures, generating letters specifying employee status and entitlements, monitoring key dates and communicating opportunities as they arise. Maintains, compiles and processes staffing lists in SAP in accordance with business user procedures and generates reports. Provides advice, defines eligibility and fully explains options in response to employee enquiries about the transfer processes. Performs necessary photocopying.
- Analyses and processes human resource master data in SAP such as changes in names, marital status, addresses, employment equity, emergency contacts, benefits entitlements, taxation and banking information. Responds to employee and Payroll enquiries on taxation and bank details. Verifies and processes requests for confirmation of employment to employees and third parties. Adheres to schedules in processing time sensitive materials to meet pay deadlines.
- Obtains all required documentation and accurately processes staffing transactions, including benefit entitlements in SAP from hire to retire/termination, (bids, transfers, promotions, demotions, temporary assignments, reinstatements, etc.) calculates acting pay, continuous service and seniority dates, as defined by the Canada Labour Code and the respective collective agreements, and monitors probation periods. Advises managers and employees on eligibility rules for allowances and bonuses and how promotions and transfers affect them. Processes leaves of absence in SAP and monitors employees’ return by coordinating information with managers. Communicates and works closely with Payroll to ensure quality assurance in that employees are correctly paid. Investigates causes of pay anomalies arising from SAP input and interfaces to Ceridian.
- Determines and fully explains options on rules and benefit entitlements under the various Health insurance plans, and other programs such as: sick leave, maternity leave, etc. as well as enrolment process, co-insurance, coordination of benefits, restrictions and exclusions, dependant coverage, conversion options on termination, cost, taxable benefits, etc; researches employment historical records. Applies and explain eligibility rules and determines entitlements to allowances for employees, employees who leave the Corporation, dependents, estate executors and beneficiaries of deceased employees. Determines and fully explain options to ill or injured employees concerning the disability insurance plan; assist employees in the completion of disability insurance claims to the Insurer. Maintains excellent knowledge and expertise in the field of benefits by reviewing and/or scrutinizing, Employee Benefits Administration manuals, circulars, bulletins, collective agreements, Canada Labour Code (CLC) legislation, directives, etc. Receives and remits cheques to Great West Life owed by employees.
- Supports legislative programs (Human Rights, Employment Equity, Official Languages and Privacy) by retrieving employment history from SAP and legacy systems for access requests and complaint enquiries, maintaining access requests, complaint and equity data in SAP, supporting Employment Equity initiatives, preparing correspondence, liaising with other functions to obtain employee data bank information in response to privacy access requests, producing status reports and ensuring compliance with legislative program timelines. Provides clear and thorough written and oral responses to enquiries from managers, supervisors, employees, Members of Parliament and the general public. Photocopies as needed/required.
- Maintains organizational data by creating and modifying base class positions in SAP in accordance with established business user procedures, communicates with managers to verify information and ensure that proper authorizations are in place, and generates reports on organizational structures and organizational charts in SAP.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of award program events and records employee award information in SAP (Postmark awards and local initiatives).
- Ensures that adequate office supplies are maintained utilizing e-Procurement in SAP and provides administrative support in booking facilities for meetings and conferences.
- Remains abreast of all relevant changes in collective agreements, studies corporate directives, publications and regulations, maintains proficiency in the corporate standard software (i.e. Excel, MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, SAP) and participates in conferences and training to increase knowledge of human resources policies and practices.
- Completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent (GED) is required AND
- Completion of post-secondary (College/University) course(s) in a related field is required.
- 2-4 years of related work experience is required.
Other Candidate Requirements
- Enrollment in specific designation and or certifications programs may be required for certain positions in Finance (including Accounting and Payroll).
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders