Job Title: Junior Project Manager (Second Posting)
Reference number: C-19-20-1910
Job Category (Job Alert): Management
Department: Physical Plant and Facilities
Immediate Supervisor's Name: Fida Khouri
Position Status: Regular Full-time
Length of the contract: Permanent
Work Location: Vanier College
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.(35hrs/week)
External Posting Start Date: 2020-03-16
External Posting End Date and Time: 2020-03-30 17:00
Salary Scale: $52,402 - $69,868
Expected Start Date: 2020-04-20
In accordance with its Employment Equity Program and the Quebec government’s Equity law, Vanier College encourages applications from qualified men and women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
If you wish to do so, you are invited to indicate whether you are a member of one of the above groups.
Reporting to the Director of Physical Plant and Facilities, the Junior Project Manager assists in the administration and management of the College’s use of space and adheres to the College guidelines. Responsibilities include assisting in the planning and management of projects, rental of facilities, analysis of technical documentation, site supervision and coordination.
More specifically, but not limited to, the Junior Project Manager:
- Management support of renovation and construction projects as assigned by the Physical Plant and Facilities Director;
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to ensure future needs of the College are reviewed and analyzed;
- Liaises with departments and services to ensure installation and maintenance of equipment and facilities of the college;
- Develops planning documents and prepares specifications for tender;
- Responsible for maintaining project specific documentation to track project progress and facilitate communication;
- Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budgets;
- Ensures that all materials and services required for projects are ordered accurately and on time;
- Recognizes and solve potential problems and evaluate project effectiveness;
- Supervise contractors and subcontracts to ensure that construction sites are operated and maintained in a safe manner for the College population and in accordance with established contracts;
- Monitors and ensure compliance with process and procedures regarding projects;
- Inspects and reviews projects and comply with all government safety codes, regulations, procedures and policies;
- Comply with College and government regulations regarding renovation and construction projects;
- Prepare employee and teacher update forms;
- Responsible for contracts and agreements to ensure that the use of rental space conforms to college policies;
- Communicates with internal and externals clients to establish rental needs and responds to those needs;
- Liaises with internal departments to ensure preparation of all services required for rentals;
- Reviews with community stakeholders to ensure optimal use of available classrooms and common areas.
Renovation and furniture requests:
- Assists the facility management team in carrying out renovations and processing furniture requests by College Academic and Non Academic departments.
Other related tasks which fall within the scope of the classification of this position may be assigned.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (35 hours/week)
Classification: Agent d’administration (ADM-2)
Salary : $52,402 - $69,868
Qualifications: ***Established in accordance with provisions of Article 7-2.00 of the Policy for Management Personnel.***
- Bachelor’s degree or DEC in appropriate discipline and relevant experience in design, in architectural, engineering or a related field;
- Two years of relevant experience, ideally including experience supervising personnel and managing projects;
- Prove computer literacy, experience with space management or academic scheduling systems an asset;
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and ongoing tasks successfully;
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- Ability to foster positive work relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Good English oral communication skills (to be tested);
- Good English written communication skills (to be tested);
- Strong French oral communication skills (to be tested);
- Strong French written communication skills (to be tested);
- Good customer relations skills;
- Demonstrated accuracy and organizational skills;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word (to be tested);
- Ms project, AutoCAD and Revit.
***Exceptionally, a DEC and additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of the preferred Bachelor's Degree***
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, please be sure to attach a new resume.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory, please be sure to attach yours.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your file by attaching your CV in order for your application to be considered.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: C-19-20-1910 - Junior Project Manager (Second Posting)
Job Type: Permanent
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)