The primary roles of this position are twofold,
Manage a small team of Field Sales Reps (8-10 FSRs) located across Canada to support all the required Retail and Budget Blinds business activities to accomplish our sales and customer partnership objectives.
Assist with regional Account Management responsibilities that includes account/merchant relationship support, program and promotion support to help maximize sales/profitability, and new business/program support as directed by the National Account teams.
This position will lead customer training, merchandising, and relationship initiatives for both Retail and BB franchises. This includes all in-store associates, franchises, and merchant/account teams.
Regional Sales Manager (60%) (This Region is one of five Regions in North America and covers all of Canada)
Manage performance of field retail and service sales/merchandising representatives, including goal and objectives setting, performance appraisals, and performance counseling.
Conduct salary reviews (recommend actions to be taken) and handle performance issues. These activities will be performed in conjunction with Human Resources.
In conjunction with Human Resources, interview and hire candidates for Field Sales and Sales Merchandising positions.
Coordinate and provide training at the regional level, including new hire training, ongoing product knowledge training, and program/account-specific training.
Coordinate and manage store setups and retrofits, including resource planning (internal and external), scheduling, execution and follow up.
Working with the VP of Service Excellence, plan and prioritize human resources at the regional level, including all sales and merchandising activities.
Establish and enhance customer relationships at the appropriate district/regional level as designated by the Retail Sales Manager and National Account Managers (NAM’s).
Provide feedback to the Division with respect to Field developments and needs, including competitive issues, quality, training and sales/merchandising issues.
Review and approve sales/merchandising activity reports and expense reports.
Provide budget information and monitor expenditures vs. budget on an ongoing basis.
Work with the VP of Service Excellence and National Account Managers to set territory sales objectives. Monitor performance vs. objectives on an individual rep and aggregate regional basis.
National Account Manager (40%)
1. Accountable for achieving budgeted sales of assigned accounts. This includes monitoring, measuring progress against he budget and achieving
budgeted profit objectives of the account.
2. Assess competitive price position, assuring we are competitively priced to maximize sales and profitability within account and account's
competitors and consistent with brand positioning.
3. Assist in managing account program costs (i.e. advertising, rebates, buyback and slotting allowance, etc.) to a minimum while maximizing
4. Responsible for minimizing returns and allowances of the account. These activities may include but are not limited to: training so orders are
received properly, eliminating pricing errors, and/or discrepancies in the accounts system, or SWF system.
5. Responsible for timelines of price increase implementation
6. Must have a complete and extensive knowledge of:
- Account's share by product type, product line and brand
- Assess share shifts by competitors, by product type within the account (and maintain database on this information).
- Current assortments in detail, pricing and competitive pricing
- Develop or use account's tools for evaluating productivity of the account's business, (i.e., SKU unit volume, profitability, sales per sq. ft.,
sales by linear foot, GMROI, inventory turns.)
- Competitive analysis, market analysis of trends, product, etc.
7. The account coordinators, not the product management group, should maintain plan-o-grams. Plan-o-grams should be catalogued by the
account organization and modifications should be recorded.
8. Provide detailed account plans, direction, and information for field sales support.
9. Support and develop relationships within accounts and cross-functionally at SWF (i.e., traffic, systems, credit, customer service, etc.)
10. Participate on cross-functional teams to accomplish sales and profit objectives.
11. Support achieving the "Best Experience" for your accounts, consumers, store associates and fellow associates.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in marketing or business.
Five plus years of professional sales experience is desired.
Five plus years of sales management experience is desired.
Experience should involve selling consumer products to major regional and/or national accounts.
Experience in window coverings is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Leadership and ability to motivate are essential skills required for successful performance. Other key skills include presentation, organization and planning, personal and organizational sensitivity, oral and written communication, initiative and decision making.
Position requires nationwide overnight travel (40-50 percent) as well as occasional travel to the US.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Optimize Work Processes
Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement