Senior Communications Manager
Tenure: Full-Time Perm
Salary: 95k – 120k
Reports to: Head of Global Business Services
Internally, the Senior Communication Manager will lead and execute a comprehensive employee communication plan that engages colleagues across Canada in our shared purpose. Under this position’s leadership, tactics like Town Hall events, intranet, podcasts and apps will house and share key messages from colleagues, customers and leadership.
The Senior Communications Manager must be highly strategic, crafting relevant and thoughtful strategies, but also a sharp tactical executioner. This role is highly dynamic and is accountable for a variety of activities like executive thought leadership, media and PR, events and oversees/creates content for multiple communication channels (e.g. social media, internet, podcast etc.)
In addition, it is critical that the successful candidate is a seasoned issues manager, confident and competent during times of emergency or crisis. The Senior Manager leads site-related communication inclusive of leadership support, community relations and proactive or reactive issues management/ crisis communications.
· Develop and implement an external communication strategy with the central goal of engaging our diverse stakeholders and amplifying Canada’s position as a sustainable and innovative industry leader
· Craft, design and implement an internal communication strategy that will link our diverse employee-base to overall purpose, vision and executive narrative.
· Strategize, select and manage executive speaking and positioning opportunities for members of the Canadian Leadership Team inclusive of the President (e.g. crafting speaking notes, presentation desks and/ or talking points etc.).
· Write and edit all forms of tactical external communication material that are required as part of the strategy you create and execute (e.g. press releases, media advisory, long-form editorial content etc.)
· Utilize an integrated external communications approach, factoring in social media, public relations, earned and paid media and other disciplines to garner traction on topics like sustainability, innovation, government affairs/ policy and industry-related topics.
· Represent the company in technical communication groups at the regional level, influencing the decision-making process of communication activities and leveraging the results of the area.
· Own and drive the strategic approach for the Canadian website inclusive of updating content, ensuring accuracy and elevating the tool as a storytelling outlet.
· Manage special projects, events or initiatives as assigned.
· BS degree or MA in communications, public relations and/ or media studies and equivalent blend of 10+years’ experience is required. Results-proven success leading external communications, public relations efforts and issues management topics are necessary along with experience:
· Planning and implementing communications strategies and tactics that engage employees in a purpose-based workplace linking their personal contributions to the larger organization.
· Designing and executing external communication strategies that drive brand awareness with industry stakeholders, policy decision makers, customers and relevant audiences.
· Developing proactive site community relations and communication plans in a production or manufacturing setting
Writing and editing a variety of communication pieces with unwavering attention to detail (with a fulsome portfolio of past personal work)
· Proactively and reactively managing crisis and issues management situations in a complex matrix environment - Creating and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Excelling in a high-performance, entrepreneurial and fast paced environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $95,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year