Position: Autobody Technician
Position Type: Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
What You're Passionate About:
You have pride in the small details combined with a desire to be part of the solution of fixing up a vehicle, trailer or RV. Outstanding craftsmanship brings you satisfaction at the end of the day. If you enjoy being the superhero of accidents, then the Estimator job is for you!
A Typical Day for the Autobody Technician:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair body damages to fiberglass and suspension components on OEM class 6,7,8 vehicles, trailers, and RVs
- Replace damaged structures, body parts, interior and exterior finishes
- Make warranty decisions as necessary
- Ensure professional quality detail and craftsmanship
- Perform estimates on heavy trucks
What You Bring:
- 3+ years' experience estimating commercial transport vehicles
- Working knowledge of Mitchell Connect
- Strong aptitude for diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance
- Journeyman Certificate (or Red Seal)
- Light mechanical and suspension experience an asset
- Self-starter able to work in a fast-paced, detailed, and process-driven environment
- Ability to work in a physical capacity, including heavy lifting and using tools throughout the shift
- Must have own tools (required tool list will be provided)
- Class 5 driver's license
Why Choose First Truck Centre:
There is something special about working at First Truck Centre, and it's been recognized by Canada's Best Managed list for the past several years. Our culture believes in equal opportunity, employee equity programs, and career advancement. With our Power of One philosophy, our employees are supported to bring their whole selves to work, to come together to foster a better tomorrow.
You won't find a more genuine, driven, and family-oriented group of people anywhere. Integrity is essential. We build a foundation through a reliable, safe, and team environment.
About First Truck Centre:
With 12 branches spread across Alberta and British Columbia, we have become the largest DTNA Elite support-certified group of facilities in Canada. First Truck Centre believes in fostering a better tomorrow through the power of one by offering various sales, vehicle maintenance, necessary parts, and collision services to the industry. For more information about everything First Truck, please visit us at firsttruck.ca.
What First Truck Has to Offer:
- Competitive Base wage
- Shift premiums and overtime pay
- Generous annual tool and boot allowance
- State of the art shop with quality tooling, computer systems and cleanliness
- Employer-paid technical training as required
- Company-paid extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs
- Employer RRSP matching
- Paid Vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer.