The Project Manager role is responsible for specific project investigation, reporting, specification preparation and liaising with clients, contractors and manufacturer for national customers.
This position will report to the Corporate Accounts Manager, while working closely with branch managers on project specific issues. This role is based from our Corporate office location in Mississauga.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct and supervise project coordinator field review/testing and data collection, design and specification preparation and contract administration; work may include but is not limited to the following:
- Coordinate field data required for the preparation of specifications, drawings and tender documents for rehabilitation and maintenance projects.
- Coordinate field data and prepare performance audits, technical/building audits or other investigative reports complete with observations, conclusions, recommendations and repair budgets
- Coordinate onsite quality control and adherence to prepared specifications
- Provide project management and related contract administration
- Daily interaction with field staff and department heads from local branches
- Complete financial and budget reviews with clients as required
- Coordinate, prepare and administer contract documents including change orders, CCDC contracts as well as billings with clients and contractors
- Liaise with clients, contractors and manufacturers on a regular basis (includes hosting webinar meetings as required)
- Assist department heads with project technical support, guidance and review of completed work prior to delivery to the client
- Promote team building, quality, public relations, enthusiasm, ethics, initiative and reliability from employees
- Provide periodic input to the sales and marketing plan of the department; work with the department heads to identify and implement an effective plan
- Identify and regularly consult with various clients/organizations of up-coming projects where a relationship has been established
- Prepare, review (with department head) and present department specific proposals
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for the department when requested
- Ensure work area is maintained in a clean and orderly manner and that personnel comply with the company safety policy
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by department heads
Requirements & Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related or applicable field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a consulting environment managing building restoration projects and/or roofing industry
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO) designation strongly preferred
- Solid computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to act with business integrity
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of organization and strong attention to detail
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed; only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent