Engineering Professional, Manufacturing-MON16788
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The detailed scheduler will be required to develop production plans including labor constraints, availability of tools to ensure proactive in product realization. The role is essential on the Global 5500/6500/7500 Program for the Completion Center and Center of Excellence (cabinet manufacturing, seat upholstery and interior wiring manufacturing).
While working in a changing environment, we are looking for professional candidates who are good team players and who possess excellent communication skills. People able to work on tight deadlines, capable of working under pressure and who are engaged in offering the very best customer service possible.
In your role, you will:
- Develop a detailed plan and ensure that the detailed planning is in line with the master plan.
- Analyze the cycle of the supply chain at the detailed plan (per workstation) to follow the progress of activities of the final manufacturing and assembly line.
- Analyze the difference in production plans and propose solutions using planning strategies.
- Understand the labor plan, the components demand plan, the work progress report and the learning curve.
- Make a recovery plan when non-compliance situations on the production line.
- Participate in the development and implementation of various logistics strategies for all activities related to the interior finishing and supporting production needs.
- Plan work to meet the daily operations provided depending on the capabilities and constraints of the factory and the company’s profitability target.
- Support the change management processes affecting the product and implement these changes in the detailed plan.
- Interact with various multi-disciplinary teams (Logistics-Supply, Methods, Plant Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Quality).
- Participate in the deployment of concepts and in the start-up of the production line.
- Take part in the improvement projects (Achieving Excellence System, 5S, lean manufacturing, cost reduction, improved manufacturing, etc.).
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Logistics or Industrial Engineering, Operations & Logistics Management, or College Diploma with equivalent experience.
- You have between two to five years of relevant experience in production planning.
- You have a good understanding of French and English written and spoken(an asset).
- You have an ease to use of Office Suite Excel and a good understanding of(Word, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- You hold a work experience with SAP-APO (an asset).
- You have a strong interest in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
22.01.2020, 10:09:58 AM