Trader Assistant Operations Support
Support the trading desk on implementing program trades with brokers, post execution. Booking Trades into Portfolio Management System. Working closely with the Portfolio managers on corporate action events, advising on any risks to P&L. Track all US/European/Asian corporate actions from start to finish of life cycle. Reviewing margin calls from PB, and coordinate payment upon agreement with the traders. Monitor daily currency trading reports advising where financing and interest charges. Negotiating both financing rates with Prime brokers and broker rates for all asset classes. Setup of new broker accounts being the focal contact point for the fund for any day-to-day issues. Follow up on account opening requests. Setup of New Funds with Prime brokers, Administrators, internally and trading screen vendors. Compliance monitoring - assisted in preparing the short selling rules and regulations of disclosure. Daily monitoring and assisted in reporting of short selling positions above thresholds and disclosure levels. Assisting the Portfolio managers on stock loan locates and booking out daily stock loans, and more.
Prime Brokerage Client Services Representative
What you can expect from us:
- Primary client contact for all PB-related queries, including Settlements, Securities Lending, Corporate actions and Income, managing the daily functions of the Prime Broking product
- Clear, accurate, concise, confident communicator internally with Operations/ Front office tailoring style & content of communication to the appropriate audience in order to achieve desired impact.
- Promoting business opportunities via cross selling products to the existing client relationships managed on a day-to-day basis. Such as DMA, FX and Commodity platforms in order to strengthen the relationship and generate potential financial growth for the division.
- Work with the product development team in assisting the decommissioning of legacy systems
- Managed the global on boarding of new client relationships and new business opportunities for existing prime brokerage clients.
- Supported all facets of the Global Prime Finance Platform, including Prime Brokerage, Portfolio Swap, and Futures and Options product offerings.
- Collected and reviewed all KYC (Know Your Customer - compliance) and CIP (customer identification program) documentation from new and existing clients.
- During weekly pipeline meetings, worked closely with Sales, Legal, Credit, and other various areas discussing priorities with Senior Management to ensure account setup will be prioritized accordingly within the group.
- Identified and resolved any issues pertaining to the on-boarding processes as well as serve as an escalation point for both the offshore and onshore teams.
- Used previous trade support knowledge to trouble shoot and ensure that escalation of ad hoc issues is directed to the proper group.
- Assisted in the development and structure for new PB products.
- Continuously worked on building strong working relationships internally and with clients.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.