Trotter & Morton Facility Services is currently looking for a hardworking, committed Journeyman/woman Plumber. Reporting to the Service Manager, this role looks after preventative maintenance contracts, as well as modification, repair, and replacement of mechanical systems.
The ideal candidate will be a Journeyman/woman Plumber with experience within a mechanical service company. This position requires taking direct instructions with ease, excellent time management skills and strong customer / co-worker communication skills. We require this individual to learn and adapt to our stringent business model that has brought and will continue to bring us success.
Consideration will be given to 3rd or 4th year apprentices.
Trotter and Morton’s Facility Services Division is a UA170 registered division.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review work orders that include identification of the problem, determine required services and pick up replacement parts.
- Perform plumbing repairs on commercial facilities, condo tower common areas, and some tenant work.
- Repairs to furnaces and hot water tanks and boilers as required.
- Inspect and make recommendations on more extensive plumbing issues.
- Identify other unit deficiencies and report to Service Manager.
- Provide professional level of customer service to tenants.
- Prepare work estimates for clients
- Mentor apprentices
- Accountable for the delivery of high customer service excellence levels
- Responsible for sustaining high customer satisfaction levels
- Other duties as required and requested by managers
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to take orders and instructions
- Ability to prioritize workloads
- Utilizes planning & time management skills to adhere to strict deadlines
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to work safely while performing your duties at a high standard
- Trade Certification/ Red Seal
- Gas A or B ticket
- Service Experience
- Valid class 5 license and be able to provide a clean 5 year driving abstract
We offer an excellent, competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit package.
We firmly believe our employees are our best assets and we are committed to providing ongoing training and support to allow them to reach their full potential. Trotter & Morton Group of Companies is an industry-leader in safety, and we strive for an incident-free workplace in all aspects of our operations. If you have a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence, apply today and build a rewarding career as a member of our high-performing team.
Click New Resume/CV to begin the online application process. Click Existing Resume/CV if you have previously applied to a position and would like to update your online application profile.
Our Commitment to Diversity
The Trotter & Morton Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring talented, qualified professionals without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground and to providing an environment without discrimination.
Every effort is made to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities and to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, compensation, promotions, and transfers are based solely on skills and capabilities, job requirements, job performance, and other job-related criteria.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time