The Saskatchewan Foster Families Association requires an individual interested to work as part of our In Home Support Program in a home located in Melville SK.
The Saskatchewan Foster Families Association (SFFA) exists to support and encourage foster families through education and advocacy, helping create healthy homes, positive environments, and brighter futures for children and youth in care across the province.
The In Home Support Program provides support services for families requiring domestic supports or childcare. This support position requires an individual to assist the Foster Home in day-to-day cleaning as assigned by the Foster Parent, in collaboration with the SFFA.
Responsibilities of the In Home Support Staff are to ensure all daily routines and household needs are met. Including the completion of daily assigned household chores such as, laundry, dishes, organizing, and maintaining the cleanliness of all living areas. In Home Support Staff are expected to help with the preparation of nutritional snacks, school lunches, daily meals, and household baking, according to a plan set out by the Foster Parent.
This position will be 3 to 5 hours twice a week, flexible day shifts
- Must be 18 years of age
- Demonstrate and practice a healthy lifestyle
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with children, supervisors, and partnering agencies and maintain strict confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively in an oral and written form
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation to travel to work in Lanigan
- Must provide the SFFA with a current Criminal Record Check (inclusive of Vulnerable Sector Check) prior to the first day of employment
- First Aid/CPR
- Previous childcare experience
- Experience working with medically fragile children is considered an asset
- Professional cleaning experience is considered an asset
Salary for this position is $14.00 per hour.
The Saskatchewan Foster Families Association appreciates all applications; however only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 per hour