Our Top Performing Team is looking for an eager and creative Digital Marketing Assistant & Event Coordinator to support our 2020 marketing growth! From day one, this individual will contribute to existing marketing programs, while assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned with company goals. We expect this person to be assertive and dive in with two feet. We know, we know, working in mortgages sounds BORING, but we promise, this work family makes coming to work every day a treat. This role will assist the Marketing Manager in all aspects of our marketing program and be the point person for our numerous events. Your role is to maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness and communication. Ultimately, we are looking for a strong individual, that isn’t afraid to kick a few butts in gear, to help us grow and ensure smooth event planning.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist Marketing Manager in development and implementation of marketing and promotional material for all events
- Creating high-quality original written and visual content for a social media and craft a voice for each social platform
- Support Marketing Manager with database upgrades and data maintenance
- Keep an inventory and monitor the loaning of all promotional material (Banners, table cloths etc.)
- Assist with aspects of the client journey and experience including birthday communications, ordering gifts, surveys etc., as required
- Build & execute a consistent content strategy
- Execute email marketing strategy and build drip campaigns
- Create layout and design, write copy and material content for all email marketing, social media and online campaigns
- Plan all aspects of in-house and off-site activities like meetings, events, celebrations and training, from attendance to set up and take down
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes.
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to standards.
- Provide relief and assistance to reception & admin when necessary
Qualifications and Education Requirements (successful candidates will be tested during the interview process to assess the skills below):
- Past work experience in marketing, advertising or communications
- Computer skills: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) preference given to those with Adobe Suite experience
- Proficient with all social media platforms
- Strong technical acumen with a confidence to solve technical issues and problem solve independently
- A high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Independent and proactive worker with an ability to problem solve and improvise
- Experience in SalesForce or similar database CRM system an asset
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Great fun environment with regular staff lunches and potlucks
- Option for benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Waterdown, ON (Preferred)