Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is a rapidly-expanding, progressive corporation, devoted to providing exceptional service to the commercial recreational aquatic industry. Established in 1989, we are known for our leadership in design/build services, restoration and repair, and facility management, specializing in LEED design. Dedication, on-going training and a truly dynamic TEAM, combine to make this company an industry leader.
**Important to Note: This Preventive Maintenance role requires a current valid driver’s license, with an associated clean driver’s abstract, and daily access to your own personal vehicle to drive to and from our main office. From our office, you will be driving a company vehicle (varying in different sizes: car/truck/van) to and from our client sites, on a daily basis.
**Important to Note: The following ‘full-time’ and ‘seasonal’ Field Employees, who work within one of the following Departments, fall under the Ministry of Labour (MOL) exemptions for overtime pay (“Special Coverage and/or Exemptions for Swimming Pool Installation and Maintenance – Standards in Ontario poster - Version 6.0) :
All Preventive Maintenance Technicians will report to the Preventive Maintenance Department Supervisor, and the Client Relations Department Manager, and will be responsible for (but not limited to):
* Daily maintenance of indoor/outdoor swimming pools & spas in condominiums, hotels, fitness centre, etc.
* Delivery of chemicals, supplies and equipment as directed
* Minor plumbing repairs as required. i.e. calibration of controllers & CO2 tanks, repairing Stenner feed pumps
* Enforce Ontario Health Code regulations and Community by-laws;
* Attend Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training & WHMIS training
* Participate in our in-house training courses for Pool Chemistry and Mechanical Systems and successfully complete with 80% or more for each course.
* Complete CPO (Certified Pool Operators) Course within the 1st two years of employment
A typical ‘day in the life’ of the Preventive Maintenance Technician (PMT) entails (but is not limited to):
* Driving a company vehicle that will range in size (from a car, to a cube van, to a pick-up truck, to a transit van) depending upon the scope of work that is scheduled on any given day.
* Visiting 8+ client sites per day, with the ability to schedule/organize your work day accordingly
* Cleaning and vacuuming the pool/spa/hot tub
* Cleaning scum-lines
* Checking safety equipment on deck
* Cleaning filters
* Performing chemical tests
* Cleaning pump basket
* Maintaining the mechanical room, ensuring that it is operating optimally
* Checking chemical balances, and adding chemicals when needed
* Diligently filling out work orders, with meticulous details
* Tasks requested by your Department Supervisor and the Client Relations Department
This is a very hands-on, labour-intensive role that will require for you to work independently and efficiently, while maintaining ongoing communications with our clients, your direct supervisor, and our internal office at large where applicable.
* Canadian Citizen and/or possess applicable Work Visa & S.I.N. card
* Must be able to swim!
* Must be aged 25+ for insurance purposes
* Must have a valid driver’s license & 100% clean abstract
* Must be familiar with the GTA and enjoy driving in Toronto traffic and surrounding areas
* Must be bondable
* Must enjoy routine
* Excellent communication & customer service skills;
* Post secondary education; good math skills
* Quick learner
* Exceptional organizational and coordination skills and attention to detail
* Flexible and adaptable and able to champion a wide range of responsibilities
* A team player, who can also work extremely effectively and efficiently independently
* Notorious for being extremely dependable
* A born leader, with the ability to crisis manage, and problem solve effectively;
* Pool operation experience and/or NLS certification would be considered an asset but is not mandatory;
* Willingness to work more than the standard five-day work week and more than the standard 8 hour work day during peak season (April through to end of September)
* Job suitable for male or female.
Statement of Commitment: Service Plus Aquatics Inc. (SPA Inc.) is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming, accessible, and inclusive environment for all persons with disabilities in a way that is respectful of the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and in a manner which takes into account the person's disability and embodies the principles of integration and equal opportunity. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is committed to becoming a barrier-free environment, and meeting the requirements of all existing legislation and its own policies and goals related to identifying, removing and preventing barriers to people with disabilities that might interfere with their ability to interact with our Firm. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. ensures that all persons within its community are aware of their rights and responsibilities to foster an accessible and inclusive environment with and for persons with disabilities. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation concerning accessibility, are rigorously observed in a timely fashion.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour