The Heath Services I&IT Cluster (HSC) provides information management and information technology solutions that enable and support the business requirements of the Ministry of Health, and its agents.
The Emergency Health I+IT Solutions & Technology Management Branch (EHSTM) develops, maintain and modernizes the I+IT solutions for the Hospitals & Emergency Services Division, Paramedic Services and, Hospitals.
If you have a strong background in developing, maintaining and supporting I&IT telecommunication systems and are able to work in an intense fast paced environment, consider this opportunity to join the Emergency Health I+IT Solutions & Technology Management Branch.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) offers a competitive compensation package. We support career and leadership development, invest in learning opportunities, and recognize team and individual achievements.
To learn more about the compensation package for this position, please visit the Ontario Public Service Employee Union website (www.opseu.org) for a copy of the current collective agreements.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a CACC Technical Officer, you will:
- Provide technical advice, monitoring and management to support computer and telecommunications systems technologies including voice, data, satellite and radio systems which are used primarily for critical and emergency services.
- Coordinate the installation, upgrade, testing and implementation of systems to CAD, GIS and other systems including installation of new desktop software.
- Develop and conduct backups/restores, systems recovery procedures, systems security checks, contingency planning, database and network administration.
- Assist with system configuration and integration of data, hardware, software, CAD system, interfaces, networks and telecommunications equipment.
- Provide technical support, training, problem resolution in response to client service and problem calls
How do I qualify?
- Valid Class G driver's licence.
- Job requires extensive travel throughout the assigned area, with occasional multi-day trips to rural and remote radio tower sites, field offices and bases in areas not serviced by public or commercial transportation.
- Knowledge of desktop hardware and software components and various operating systems.
- Knowledge of Radio technology such as UHF and VHF, including installation and support in emergency vehicles.
- Current and emerging telecommunications systems technologies including voice, data, satellite and radio telecommunication systems used in the CACC environment in order to provide technical expertise, advice and troubleshooting support for communications systems within the assigned CACC(s).
ANALYTICAL, ORGANIZATIONAL AND COORDINATION SKILLLS
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to provide technical analysis, problem identification and resolution.
- Organizational and coordination skills to coordinate installations and technical support carried out by vendors.
INCIDENT AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT PRACTICES:
- Oral communication and presentation skills to: provide training and explanations of operations and technical capabilities of computer and telecommunications resources to users and contractors; explain technical problems to Ministry and vendor specialists and CACC staff.
- Written communication skills to prepare reports on systems performance issues, assist draft user instructions and training materials and prepare recommendations/reports on software/hardware changes and improvements.
- Knowledge of incident and change management practices, project management and time management methodologies.
1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 5700 Yonge St, North York, Toronto Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Tuesday, March 24, 2020