Effective immediately. This is a two-year Specific Project
THE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION IS TO PROVIDE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT WITHIN THE FINANCIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT OF THE COLLEGE PURSUANT TO ACCOUNTING REFORMS IMPOSED BY THE MINISTÈRE DE L’ÉDUCATION ET DE L’ENSEIGNEMENT SUPÉRIEUR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare quarterly financial statements and notes for the “Contrôleur des Finances” (Table de Concordance)
- Support departments and ancillary services regarding Finance related questions.
- Analyse variances between budget and actuals by departments.
- Create and modify pedagogical fee codes related to accounts receivable.
- Analyse the group insurance account periodically.
- Prepare quarterly reconciliation between general ledger and fixed assets module.(schedule of fixed assets)
- Verify the completeness of the journal entries with numerical sequence and journalize batches in CLARA.
- Verify the weekly report with modifications of supplier banking information.
- Supervise monthly reconciliation between general ledger and receivable (aging).
- Supervise monthly reconciliation between general ledger and payable (aging).
- Supervise and coordinate accounts receivable analysis.
- Verify and act as back-up support for bank reconciliation reports.
- Analyse various accounts and prepare adjusting journal entries quarterly.
- Produce and analyse various financial reports and specific allocation grants.
- Provide assistance at year-end for various analyses, reconciliations and other documentation required by the external auditors.
- Provide assistance on various projects to improve processes in Finance.
- Other related tasks as required.
Undergraduate degree in an appropriate filed of specialization, particularly: Business Administration, Accounting, as well as an accounting designation (CPA).
Required Tests :Testing may be required to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Minimum two (2) years of pertinent experience
- Proven skills in accounting and finance
- Intermediate French and English – oral and written
- Intermediate EXCEL
- Knowledge of accounting software (CLARA system would be an asset)
- Superior inter-personal skills and discretion
- Results oriented self starter able to work autonomously
- Ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate information and identify solutions
- Experience within the para-public sector is an asset
? Excel (Intermediate)
? French (intermediate oral)
? French (intermediate written)
? English (intermediate oral)
? English (intermediate written)
? Problem solving and analytical skills
? Accounting and finance
We thank all candidates who submit their resumes for consideration. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If your work experience has changed or if you have acquired additional education since your last visit, be sure to submit your updated resume so that we may review your full career path.
If you are applying from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to update your file by submitting your CV in order for your application to be considered.