Copernicus Lodge is looking for part time ADOC. She/he is responsible for assisting the DOC in the operation of the nursing department during the evening and weekend shifts including: ongoing assessments, monitoring and managing all clinical aspects of nursing care, auditing, assisting in the planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and continued evaluation of departmental policies and procedures and human resource management, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements, general oversight and management of nursing staff and act as manager of the building during his/her shift. The ADOC assists in the training and evaluation of nursing staff and promotes health and safety of work practices. This position reports directly to the Director of Care (DOC) and will work collaboratively with the existing ADOC. Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and PSW staff report directly to the Assistant Director of Care.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Planning, implementing and evaluating resident care.
- Liaising with Families/Next of Kin.
- Nursing Information System
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Human Resource Management
- Skin and Wound Care Program Lead
- Auditing nursing practice
Provide leadership for nursing and personal care through effective management of Nursing Services
- Supervise interdisciplinary evening staff
- Ensure adherence to all respective legislation and applicable regulations including the Resident's Bill of Rights, the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario, and Copernicus Lodge’s mission statement and policies
- Must possess knowledge of the LTCHA and its Regulations
- Current member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current membership with Gerontological Nursing Association (GNA) and Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO) is desirable
- Post - RN education, certification or degree in nursing administration and management, preference is BScN and/or business degree in health management, particularly long-term care, and further education in gerontology, geriatrics or rehabilitation
- Three (3) years relevant experience in a long-term care facility including infection control, head nurse in chronic care or senior management in a health community agency.
- Fluent in English, and cultural sensitivity and ability to speak Polish would be an asset
- Good management and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of Infection Control Practices
- Ability to work flexible hours dependent upon demands i.e. classification/compliance review times
- Required to work weekends and share a rotational weekend on-duty schedule
- Knowledge of computerized electronic health record (PCC) essential
Job Type: Part-time
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Nursing: 3 years (Preferred)