LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL ASSISTANT AND CAREGIVER/ HOUSEHOLD MANAGER TO JOIN OUR TEAM
The Managing Principal is seeking a Personal Assistant to help manage his household, and various administrative functions within the Henriquez Partners Architects’ downtown office, including reception and relevant assistant duties. The Managing Principal has one teenage daughter with special needs and challenges, who requires thoughtful attention and care. The ideal candidate will be supportive in his daughter’s emotional development, engaging, and willing to take an active role in developing meaningful relationships with all family members. This includes a proactive approach in supporting interactions with other family and friends and acting as a companion for her activities.
This position is full time, live out, with up to 50% of the time working in the home and the other 50% supporting in the office. The schedule is based on the needs of the family and the Personal Assistant is required to work flexible hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
Household Management and Caregiver
- Caring for daughter’s special needs in the afternoons/evenings/weekends as required to accommodate Managing Principal’s commitments
- Managing nutritious meal preparation, including grocery shopping and other related tasks
- Driving his daughter to appointments and activities when required
- Managing household needs including special projects (contractor communication, managing cleaners etc.)
- Assisting in the planning of events such as birthdays, anniversaries, parties (for both household and office)
- Keeping track of his daughter’s activities and coordinating schedules and details of other family members
- Light housework may be required
Reception Relief and Office Assistance
- Liaising with the Managing Principal and his Executive Assistant for the prioritization and coordination of family and work schedules
- Greeting guests and coordinating phone calls
- Managing meetings including the coordination of boardroom and any IT needs (i.e. GoTo and conference calls), providing beverages and ordering catering
- Coordinating and distributing incoming and outgoing mail and courier packages
- Maintaining overall office cleanliness including front desk, boardrooms and kitchens
- Assisting with various office tasks such as typing letters, minutes, transmittals, and assist with filing
- Assisting with office events including birthdays, staff lunches, happy hour and special events
- Providing support to leadership team (Principals, Directors and Associates) with duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with youth with exceptional needs and challenges
- Post-Secondary education preferred
- Knowledge and application of a strength-based approach in social work preferred
- Flexible availability including evenings and weekends when needed
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Supportive and engaging personality with high emotional intelligence
- Valid Driver's License required
- Teenager’s primary form of recreation is swimming. Candidates must have the ability to swim.
- Must be willing to obtain First Aid certification
- Must be a non-smoker
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. You must be able to provide relevant references.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Thank you in advance for your response, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent