Meat Department Manager
We are now hiring a Butcher - Meat Department Manager to join our team!
Coppa’s Fresh Market is a family-owned and operated grocery store chain in the Greater Toronto Area. We are committed to providing a truly authentic grocery experience, where customers get exceptional value, great service, and selection of the finest quality food from around the corner…and around the world!
- Cut, trim, and prepare consumer-sized portions of meat for sale
- Prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry and fish and attractively display items in the display counter
- Use power machines to grind and slice meats
- Wrap prepared meats, poultry and fish
- Work with management to determine amount and types of meat cuts to be prepared daily
- Additional duties as required
- Previous experience working in meat department is required; 5 years of experience as a Meat Cutter or Butcher is preferred
- Food Handler’s Certification is required. Post-secondary in a culinary skills program is an asset
- Health and safety orientated with a passion for cleanliness adhering to food, safety and sanitation standards
- Physically fit with strong manual dexterity; comfortable standing, bending, walking and lifting for long periods of time
- Open availability; must be flexible to work all shifts including days, evenings and weekends. Part-time and full-time positions available!
Coppa’s Fresh Market values your dignity and independence, and we are committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Should you require an accommodation, please notify our recruiting department at the time of scheduling your interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Grocery Store or Butcher Shop: 3 years (preferred)
- Meat Department Management: 3 years (preferred)
- Meat Cutting: 3 years (preferred)