Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Director, Treasury & Risk, the Senior Treasury Analyst, Debt and Derivatives will report and administer Canopy Growth’s global investments, derivative and debt portfolio. This role includes knowledge of global investment products, derivative and debt instruments. This position requires collaboration with external investment managers, internal and external legal counsel(s), domestic and international banks and capital market participants.
Candidates must possess ability to work in a fast pace environment requiring you to ensure timely and accurately transaction settlement and reporting. Candidates must have excellent analytical and communication skills, thrive in a high-performance culture, be willing to take on broader projects, think proactively and possess good business sense.
- Performs the daily compliance check and periodic reporting to ensure compliance with Board approved investment policy
- Maintains debt, derivative and investment data and prepares monthly reporting
- Identifies yield and foreign exchange trends and uses analytical judgment in recommending short- and long-term investments and hedging strategies
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with investment dealers, banks and custodians
- Performs monthly reconciliations for all investment portfolios between investment managers and custodian
- Co-ordinate issuance of Letters of Credit as required by operations
- Prepare monthly journal entries for changes in investment and debt portfolio
- Prepare quarterly note disclosures of cash and cash equivalents, investments and debt
- Perform monthly compliance review of all debt covenants and requirements
- Prepare hedge accounting documentation at inception and calculate hedge effectiveness on a quarterly basis
- Prepare journal entries to record changes in mark to market changes in hedging instructions (derivatives)
Special Projects & Other
- Back up for other Senior Treasury Analyst responsible for cash management
- Participate in projects and/or problem resolution by proactively identifying opportunities to enhance operational processes
- Additional duties as assigned
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a large public accounting firm
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with institutional investment and/or investment analytics and performance measurement.
- Considerable experience with economic and accounting practices employed in investment management.
- Experience with financial information systems (e.g. Bloomberg) and Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to produce effective reports and various written correspondence.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to establish partnerships with client departments/divisions at all levels within the organization.
- Superior research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Solid decision-making skills with the ability to understand and assess business needs and risks.
This is a full time position based out Kanata, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.